Houblonmonstre Tripel IPA Extract Kit from NB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crammer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Northern Brewer's Houblonmonstre Tripel IPA Extract Kit? I'm about to the pull the trigger on the order and I want to see if any has tried this unique brew.

hey ! I ordered this kit ,and have it going in the secondary right now. the problem I am having is conflicting information as to how long it takes to mature. after taking 3.5 weeks in the primary , it had a leveled out F.G. of 1.016 and is clear as can be . to my eyes, she looks about done. but the catalog from NB says 6-8weeks, and the website says 4 months. how long did you give yours? if anything, I think I will give it a good 2.5 weeks in the secondary, then bottle it. any suggestions I am open to.

I have this one (all grain) on my list to brew someday. I'm curious how it turns out.

the problem I am having is conflicting information as to how long it takes to mature. after taking 3.5 weeks in the primary , it had a leveled out F.G. of 1.016 and is clear as can be . to my eyes, she looks about done. but the catalog from NB says 6-8weeks, and the website says 4 months. how long did you give yours? if anything, I think I will give it a good 2.5 weeks in the secondary, then bottle it. any suggestions I am open to.

My rule of thumb is if the gravity is level for a week, I call it done. Then I'll give it a week in secondary to crash cool and bottle it up. The 6-8 weeks/4 months estimate probably refers to how long it should age before it's at its prime.

ahhh thats kinda how I figure it too- level gravity for a week, and the only reason to keep it in the secondary is to clarify the beer a little before bottling/kegging. thanks for the helpful info gnome!

The beer its cloned from is one of my favorites. This is gonna have to be my next brew for sure. Should be an excellent beer once it is done!

Just brewed this kit last night, however my OG showed up at 1.065 instead of 1.082, I followed the recipe to the T, just curious why it would be showing so low?

Latest posts

Back