In Need Of A Simple wine recipe (That I Can Make In a short space of time)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliver

Reaction score
Hello I dont know if this is possible but im going to a party this thursday and friday and ive been asked at very short notice to make some wine, is there any wine which can be fully made in 3-4 days :confused:

Anyone information would be great thanks
Oliver

4 days is impossible- fermentation takes a while. I've never heard of a kit you can drink in 7 days, but in theory that could be possible. I don't think it would be very good, but maybe possible. The minimum time for a half way drinkable wine would be 30 days. A better wine would be at least 90 days. Even my Welch's grape juice wine will be around 90 days. A good wine would be at least 6 months, but I have cracked open my rhubarb wine after just 3 months and it was drinkable.

Lorena

i have made many juice concentrate wines that are drinkable after ~7days. what you could always try is buying some juice concentrate and try to make wine with that. test SG and taste after 4 days. it might be ok... just not very alcoholic. if it isn't ready, let it ferment for a few more days and buy some wine for the party instead

rod said:
i think you are stuck with a trip to the liquor store
Maybe he was hoping to make wine faster than faking some id?;)

lorenae said:
A good wine would be at least 6 months, but I have cracked open my rhubarb wine after just 3 months and it was drinkable
Don't drink anymore now! Let it mature!:D

Caplan said:
Maybe he was hoping to make wine faster than faking some id?;)
A junior member indeed :D

However made me think... if buying kits in the UK are duty free... I guess its perfectly legal to sell wine making kits as they contain no alcohol etc to under 18's UK and under 21's USA? How can u stop anyone buying fruit and yeast? :tank:

Oliver said:
Hello I dont know if this is possible but im going to a party this thursday and friday and ive been asked at very short notice to make some wine, is there any wine which can be fully made in 3-4 days :confused:

Anyone information would be great thanks
Oliver

gee, at least you were honest enough to provide your actual age for this website, lol.

nissed as a pewt said:
if buying kits in the UK are duty free... I guess its perfectly legal to sell wine making kits as they contain no alcohol etc to under 18's UK and under 21's USA? How can u stop anyone buying fruit and yeast? :tank:
You can't of course stop anyone buying yeast and fruit.
As far as kits in the UK you can buy them whatever your age - I'm sure the more astute retailer's cashier will say 'hang on - what do you plan to with that?' rather than risk an earful of a parent and the legal fuss for "selling DIY booze to my child"....

Caplan said:
You can't of course stop anyone buying yeast and fruit.
As far as kits in the UK you can buy them whatever your age - I'm sure the more astute retailer's cashier will say 'hang on - what do you plan to with that?' rather than risk an earful of a parent and the legal fuss for "selling DIY booze to my child"....

I was 11 when I purchased my first concentrated wine syrup from boots Nottingham. It made me 6 bottles 2 of which I shard with my best mate and our girlfriends. The other 4 bottles I sold at school for £2 each.

But some grassed me up, the wine got handed around the teachers and I got a head detention. So that put a stop to that money making idea

Chris.

Ps. Dose anyone know how much water, sugar, yeast (super wine yeast compound, Youngs) mix ratio?

sudsmonkey said:
Teenagers drinking?? What's the World coming to ? Wish I'd known how to make wine at 16. Of course, I'd have waited until I was 21 to drink it.

Certainly! By then it would be very well-aged and delicious!!! :mug:

Back