Coopers yeast. Good or bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvin

Reaction score
The guys at the homebrew shop talk this yeast down big time. I brewed a 10 gallon batch and pitched US05 in five gallons and Coopers yeast in the other 5 gallons. I ended up with two completely different brews. Not a big suprise. The US05 was awesome. The beer with the Coopers yeast was not good at all.

I have seen guys use this yeast on youtube and they swear that their beers are turning out ok. So whats the deal?

Is there a certain temp it needs to be at? Mine was at 65 degrees.

Please set me strait.

they are all different......try some liquid if ya can get it and make a starter if ale with high gravity and any lager.........try cali ale or pac man.....

they are all different......try some liquid if ya can get it and make a starter if ale with high gravity and any lager.........try cali ale or pac man.....

Oh I know they are different.... I have used and do use many different yeasts. The real question here is this. Is Coopers yeast really junk? and can it be used to make a good beer? If so, how?

Back