$20 PIDs vrs Auberins $45 PIDs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellinmi88

Reaction score
What is the deal with these cheap PIDs I see for sale everywhere? Do they measure up to the same quality as the Auberins? Or am I just day dreaming?

Sorry I to do this. . .

Please use the search function, there are several threads discussing these.

Mainly product quality, SSR function, and lack of manual control.

When it comes to PIDs the auberins PID are actually cheap compared to most. You can pay a lot of coin for PIDs in teh commercial world.

I can't speak for the other PIDs, but I do know auberins stands behind their product, is there to trouble shoot, goes above and beyond what they are required to when it comes to warranty or product issues. For all those reasons I believe it is well worth the extra $15 each PID for the auberins product.

I have had my electric system rolling for over a year and a half and though I upgrade my panel, I still have my first original PID and it is working well.

Aubers are nice. I know from the leg work i have been running, trying to find equivalent, most of the PIDs you will find cheap are Celcius only, no Fahrenheit. That will be your biggest difference.

I am finally going to build my control panel and throw away my mock up cardboard one!

2012-03-09_16-07-25_784.jpg

controlbox.jpg

2012-03-09_07-55-20_572.jpg

Back