Temperature ruin beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eon

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this.

I just bought a beer that I want to age, but the only had bottles that were somewhat cold. The bottle is not like fridge cold, but it is cold to the touch. Is it ok if I let this bottle get room temperature and let it age?

I live in a college dorm and my room is ridiculously HOT. There is one part of my suite (outside of my room) that is somewhat cool, but I'm sure it's not super ideal for cellaring. It is definitely much cooler than my room though.

Do you think this beer will be ok? Or should I just drink it.

Really I just want to save for when I go back home to chicago in December. Hopefully, I can have it in my checked baggage. Or if you think it will last until my trip home, I can properly store it there in a nice, cool basement. :)

Thoughts on any of this?

temp isnt what skunks beer it is light that does it put the beer in your closet and take it home in dec as long as the best by date permits it

Awesome! I thought I read somewhere that it is not good to have a beer that is cold, have it come to room temp and then cool it again etc...

Back