Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never even pour a beer from the tap unless I'm wearing a full clean-room suit, complete with the footies and gloves, I wear a mask and goggles while pouring. I then drink it through a straw, I use a modified carboy cap, one opening has the straw, the other has an airlock with a sanitary filter on top.

You're going to ruin your beer being so lax sir. I don't even pour my beer, EVER! I figure it's best to keep it in the bottles and kegs to avoid infecting it any further. Sure, I'd love to try it, but I just can't take that chance!!!

Yes, exactly! It's the details like back-of-the-hand-only lotion application that make this so brilliant.

This guys twin...

images

Put the lotion on the skin.... Or else you get little flakes in the beer!

Thanks a lot for this thread. Today when I was transferring beer to a keg I couldn't help thinking about his "it puts the lotion on its skin" demonstration. I also thought about all of those "wild yeast" strains that he showed floating around in his kitchen.

There was a Skit on Saturday Night Live years ago calle "The Anal Retentive Fisherman". It was a video about fishing and it was similar to this guy. Hysterical.

Fail. Note the tag and stickers on the fire extinguisher. That stuff WILL decompose. Your beer is horrible.

Those stickers and tag are a vinyl/Kevlar mixture with an anti allergen ink using a NO VOC LEED certified glue backing. They should last a lifetime :D

What is this ******* talking about with the "lacing and head retention tell the story". This idiot has no idea what he is talking about. Has he ever had a lambic, an old ale, or any of the other many styles that have little to no head and no retention? How do we get this guy to crawl under a rock and never come back. He's giving the rest of us brewers a bad name.

What is this ******* talking about with the "lacing and head retention tell the story". This idiot has no idea what he is talking about. Has he ever had a lambic, an old ale, or any of the other many styles that have little to no head and no retention? How do we get this guy to crawl under a rock and never come back. He's giving the rest of us brewers a bad name.

I think he was already banned from this site and no longer puts videos on you tube. He's under his bridge bathing in starsan repeating to himself " cmon guys, cmon guys, cmon guys, its a pilsner its a pilsner its a pilsner, cmon guys, head retention lacing, head retention lacing, head retention lacing, cmon guys..."

OMG, I gave in and watched the Brahma in the Dominican Republic video, wow, what a loser lol. You'd like to think a guy that seemed to put so much time in to record videos would actually give you the feeling that he just genuinely loves beer and the brew hobby, but you can't detect that here at all. Plus if I pulled out a camera at a nice dinner on vacation to record for YouTube, my girl would slap me over the head lol. His wife made a wise decision in leaving him!

Edit:
Oh yea, I forgot... "guys, come on guys, guys!"

I didnt read all the posts so dont know if its been caught yet, but I watched this video and if you fwd thru the BS to about 9:30 he names a beer after Bobby from NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you pour a beer like that? That's going to taste like crap if he pours it like that.

The more I learn about this guy, the more he irks me.

I didnt read all the posts so dont know if its been caught yet, but I watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkmUY1qr9qg&feature=relmfu and if you fwd thru the BS to about 9:30 he names a beer after Bobby from NJ.

hmmmmm, BOBBY!? did you encourage this psychopath?
kidding...
but seriously, he gives a bad name to homebrewing.

Edit: This is either the world's greatest troll... or one of the most psychologically twisted people to ever want internet fame...
Either way, I feel bad for him.

here's his cousin from the south
brewing quality beer must run in the family

Last edited by a moderator:
After he got done learning from and then bashing Craigtube he started searching the net for more information. He claims that information he gleaned from Bobby's videos and John Palmer, who he actually interviewed, were big helps. Fortunately, he never got around to bashing them, which was probably next. Unfortunately, he seems to have somehow missed the whole concept of RDWHAHB!

This reminds me of the scene in Billy Madison when the principal says:

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

He recommends spending about $1000 bucks to go to the Dominican Republic to drink a beer which he can only describe as a "good pilsner" lol! That's it, he says hebcant elaborate haha, this guy has become my new comedy channel, at least for the week.

yeah when i first saw this annoying weirdo i thought (and hoped) it was some kind of joke, but hes still at it i guess

Watched one of these this morning. WOW.

Is there any way this guy doesn't realize what a dweeb he is? Can't he see how ridiculous his suppositions are?

I mean, look. I have dogs. They poop and pee outside, but they live in the house with us. It should be no shock to know that they probably accidentally step in their own waste from time to time and at least some small part of that makes it way into the house where it's vacuumed up. And I imagine that some very tiny particles make it's way into the air and float around as dust specks.

Not all of that stuff comes from your skin!

Lets be fair though...I'm sure he didn't go to the Dom. Repub. JUST to drink that one beer. He was probably going on vacation and decided to bring his camera.

But lol @ him trying to cut the toilet bowl hose for the mash tun.

"I think I need a new cutter"

No, you're just weaksos.

This is to much attention for that guy. All were doing by commenting on how he is such an idiot, is giving him more reasons to make more videos.

Please dont give him any more reasons.

This is to much attention for that guy. All were doing by commenting on how he is such an idiot, is giving him more reasons to make more videos.

Please dont give him any more reasons.

I will not be convinced this is a bad thing until I have had a chance to drink a few beers and THEN watch his videos. I am sure that if I were drunk enough, this stuff would be priceless. (Ok, I'm not really convinced, but it probably can't hurt...)

I found a new use for these videos. Turn it into a drinking game. Everytime he says "guys" take a drink. Or whatever word he keeps repeating. Maybe mashtun, depending on the video.

beerloaf

Back