March H315HF vs March 809HS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumstigedy

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a pump and I noticed that there seem to be two options for March high temperature pumps. Morebeer has the H315F and Northernbrewer has the March 809HS. Can anyone tell me the difference between these?

Does anyone have experience using the H315F? According to Morebeer's website, this one has some improvements over the previous version.

I will mainly be using the pump to re-circulate hot wort as part of an immersion whirlpool chiller.

thanks!

I think h315 may be Morebeer's stock number. But there's other pumps...seek out little giant's md-3-hc. AWESOME pump. The flow is easily twice that of a march 809.

I checked their website and H315 is their version of the 809. They claim that the H315F is an improved version only available at morebeer. Just wondering if I should get this one or the old 809. Now that I know about the little giant pump, I have another option to consider.

The H315 is a special setup for brewers. You get a pump with a mounting base and a cord with a plug on the end and it has our 815 impeller in it.

The standard 809-HS if you were to order it from one of our distributors would not have a mounting base and would have a conduit box on the side of the motor to hard-wire the electrical.
If you currently have an 809-HS and want the better performance you can order the 815 impeller and it will fit right in.

-Walter

The H315 is a special setup for brewers. You get a pump with a mounting base and a cord with a plug on the end and it has our 815 impeller in it.

The standard 809-HS if you were to order it from one of our distributors would not have a mounting base and would have a conduit box on the side of the motor to hard-wire the electrical.
If you currently have an 809-HS and want the better performance you can order the 815 impeller and it will fit right in.

-Walter

Walter,

Where can one purchase the impeller? I am in Illinois. Thanks.

Walter,

Where can one purchase the impeller? I am in Illinois. Thanks.

I see you are listed as living in Evanston...closest one to you that can get it fast would be PumpBiz in Northbrook. their site and contact info is listed on our website under the distributor lists.

-Walter

I went ahead and purchased the H315 HF from Morebeer. I am very satisfied with the pump. I didn't run into any priming issues and the flow rate was high enough for me. I used it for the first time yesterday to move water between vessels, transfer wort from the mash tun to the kettle, and most importantly to circulate hot wort as part of my immersion wort chiller setup. You can see it in action below if you like. I filmed this after I was done and was recirculating PBW through the setup to clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back