You can only drink one beer for the rest of your life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtotten

Reaction score
Not as in a single beer, but as in one particular brew. I would probably go with the mild which I use as my house recipe. Very sessionable @ a hair under 4% abv, I can drink it all night without getting too crazy. It's flavorful without having any one particular flavor overwhelm, so hop fatigue (or roasted malt fatigue?) isn't an issue. It can be one of your recipes, something you brew from someone else's recipe, or a commercial beer.

What do you say? ONE BEER.

Man this is tough. Uh....... well i am a serious hop head but after a while i could see a Ruination IPA from Stone would get old even though that is my favorite. Something i could drink every day and not get tired of......well lets put it this way, if i had a magic fridge that fills itself and every time i open it I see nice cold Saison Dupont waiting for me, well, i would be happy. Damn now i want one:mad: (both) :D

One beer, hmmmm. I think it would have to be a Porter. Probably Sierra Nevada. I'm thinking one beer would need to be more mild and in the middle. SN Porter is excellent

There is one beer that I benchmark all other beers to, Bells 2 Hearted Ale. If I could only drink that for the rest of my life, then I would be a happy guy. Or better yet would be my slightly modified version of 2 Hearted.

This is a hard decision, it's a cross between Great Lakes Brewing Co "Edmund Fitzgerald" or Dogfish Head 60min IPA...I'd have to say I would go with GLBC Edmund Fitzgerald!!

It would have to be Budweiser ... that way my life would seem longer. :D Uh seriously, it would be a hefeweizen.

My own India Pale Ale would hold out for a while but its always nice to switch it up.

Three Floyd's Gorch Fock or Pride and Joy. This a difficult question to answer, there are so many good ones out there that a decision of this magnitude should not be made lightly. It would be interesting to revisit this post every year to see if people have changed their minds.

Mine would be between a saison or my haus pale ale. For an everyday beer I would probably lean towards the pale ale. It's a spin off Ed Worts, with a little simcoe and magnum hops mixed in. :)

Full Sail Session Lager.
Smooth with a light biscuit flavor with some mild apricot.
If you haven't tried this, then you're missing something special.

My Wolf's Blood Ale. A Wee Heavy with Amercian yeast and hops.

The best of both worlds.

summit EPA

or

rodenbach grand cru

to tough to decide

Resurrection Ale, the Brewer's Art. At least only until I could reproduce an indistinguishable clone.

I think I'd go with a slightly hoppy Marzen. I don't have a specific brand in mind, but a Marzen with a little more hop profile than the style guidelines fall under. I think it's a beer that could transition from a quaffable party beer to a single drink on a cold night. It'd be pretty versatile.

My IPA. Well, I don't know if I can call it MY IPA; I got the recipe from Mike at the local brew pub/steakhouse. I tweaked it a bit, and I love it even more!

Back