New Years Eve Hor d'oeuvre Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtlawlor

Reaction score
Gotta make some "Hordeovers" for New Years Eve party. And looking for ideas, something new, something to maybe impress, and reasonable on the pocketbook...

I have a lot of standards for NYE: Gruyere Swiss Cheese Fondue, Swedish Meatballs, Slow cooked caramelized BBQ Chicken wings, Cheese stuffed Jalapenos Bacon wrapped, Pesto Tortellini skewers, Satay Chicken....

My current idea, is a "Gyro Nachos" -- Pita chips with a bowl of Homemade Gyro meat chopped with tomato and onion and a side bowl of the Tzatziki sauce. But kinda plain.... looking for more of a wow factor.

Damn now I am hungry.

Anyone, seen a cool new idea?

I liked to do pounded chicken breast skewers. You can do a bunch of different ones with different sauces or marinades.

This one sounds weird but always gets rave reviews and it's fast and cheap.
Jar of pickled, whole banana peppers
Can of tuna
Mayo
Mix tuna and mayo. Make a slit in the banana peppers and stuff with tuna.

One of my favorites is mixing smoked salmon with cream cheese and piping into bite sized puff pastry. Leave some salmon pieces to garnish the top.

It's nice to have hot Hor d'oeuvres but they require last minute attention so having a few cold, make ahead items will help you out for the party.

Back