So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making a strong porter with juniper and licorice. Bottled a Scottish ale yesterday and a wicked bourbon vanilla stout on Wednesday. Wow, the stout turned out great. Basically doubled the bourbon and vanilla in the Denny Conn recipe. The stout is a smooth 10 %abv before the bourbon. I like big beers and I cannot lie, those other brewers can deny..........

Jealous. Working on putting in a new floor but I did get to buy some of kegging stuff today. The batch I brewed last week will hopefully be the first to be kegged.

Monday(yes, that's actually after the weekend :p ) I'm making my own Double IPA again. 5 gallons this time. It's dryhopped with Cascade and Amarillo.

So far the reviews have been very good. Not just my own reviews of course, but of beer drinking friends and some random strangers I mailed the beer to :)

Can't wait!

Making a UK Ipa with washed wlp005 british liquid and making a starter for the first time for that.
Doing a double batch so im making an ipa with wlp051 washed yeast no idea what hops im going to choose for both but i know im using the rest of my citra pack for a late addtion for this one. Was going to make a black ipa but maybe next time. NO idea what cali v wlp051 is like and i will probably have made 3-5 different batches without even knowing how this yeast is.

jamil zainasheff- or possibly the rapper.
brewing a flanders pale ale right now, and kegging the st patty's day stout

I'm currently brewing my AVAle Altbier, my first decoction mash...triple decoction...so FUN!!

No brewing but I did bottle 6 gallons and finish my keggle conversion yesterday.

Just cleaned up from a sasion! About 4.5 hours from start to clean up and using my mill instead of the LHBS I saw a 10% jump in efficiency. I hope this turns out well, the starter had that saison smell to it.

Link? I'm new here, "JZ's recipe" doesn't mean anything to me ;)

And personally, Flemish is the only way to go.

Pick up a copy of Brewing Classic Styles (Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer) and you'll get that recipe, plus 79 others. Great book; highly recommended. I'm not sure you can find the recipe online.

Gonna make 4 gal of Joes ancient mead and 5 gal of modified rye red ale (with much more rye). Pipeline is getting low!

I'm doing my first all grain brew on Saturday. Doing a Raging Red that I found on this forum. I just did my yeast starter last night and am really looking forward to going all grain after three extract batches and one partial. Thanks to everyone on homebrewtalk, without this forum I wouldn't have nearly enough confidence to try going all grain yet.

going to brew an IPA on saturday. running out tonight to grab the ingredients, then out friday to grab my immersion chiller. screw no chill anymore! haha.

12.00 American Two-row Pale
2.00 American Munich (Light)
1.00 German Carahell

was gonna try amarillo, but i can't find any locally, so i'ts gonna be down to this

60 - 1oz summit
15 - 1oz cascade
15 - .5oz centennial
15 - 1oz crystal
5 - 1oz cascade
5 - .5oz centennial
5 - 1oz crystal
DH - 2oz of summit

Going to brew 10 gallons of a SN Pale Ale clone and will be showing another brewer how to do all grain. Tonight I'm going to make a half gallon of wort to use for the starter.

getting the weekend started today. a little late in the traditional manner, but brewing a Maibock as we speak.

I am, 2 weekends in a row!! Wife will be away at a bridal shower so I am planning a double brew day. I will be doing my pale ale with citra hop bursting, looking to get the flavor of an ipa but a lower abv so I can drink many. I am planning to rebrew this over and over until I nail it down and make it my staple beer. I am also going to brew a brown ale using chocolate rye malt. I am hoping this will become a fall beer that I will brew a few batches of to share but I want to dial the recipe in before fall. I will be splitting this between scottish yeast and wlp 002. Now I just need to find a drill strong enough to work my mill as my black and decker battery operated drill locks up and won't turn the the rollers.

Im going to cold crash my first cali v yeast ipa that was dryhopped for 2 wks loose pellots.And then im gonna make a got damn black ipa.:fro: Because im kinda irish like that?

Back