Where in the world do you find used kegs?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
My setup atm is all plastic, which works great for my 5gal batches, but I would like to change my BK into a HLT and use a keg as a bigger more sturdy.
The problem is, I'm in the UK, and cant find one anywhere. I've emailed a local micro brewery to no avail, and scrapyards around here aren't allowed to take beer kegs so they wont have any. I'm completely stumped where to find one!

Do they have big distibutors in the U.K? That's where I'd try, then again, maybe just go with a big kettle instead?

Wouldn't shipping one from the U.S cost a huge amount? And they do, but none that have actually been able to help me.

And yea, I'm leaning towards just getting a large stock pot. I use electric to boil and plastics worked fine but I would feel safer with something more sturdy for bigger boils.

Go to a liquor store or distributor that sells kegs of beer and ask if they have any broken or worn out kegs they wouldn't mind getting rid of. I went to a liquor store that sold kegs and asked them. It turned out they had two kegs from a brewery that their distributor no longer carried. The distributor didn't want them back so they just sat. The liquor store sold them to me for what they paid for the deposit, $10 each. Not a bad price for a stainless steel kettle :)

Go to a liquor store or distributor that sells kegs of beer and ask if they have any broken or worn out kegs they wouldn't mind getting rid of. I went to a liquor store that sold kegs and asked them. It turned out they had two kegs from a brewery that their distributor no longer carried. The distributor didn't want them back so they just sat. The liquor store sold them to me for what they paid for the deposit, $10 each. Not a bad price for a stainless steel kettle :)

Good idea

Back