What do you think of my new website?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dude

Reaction score
I've been brewing for a few years now and have just created a website. It's called dale's brewery. Please give me any feedback, good or bad. Let me know what you like or don't like. There are still things I want to add, like a poll asking what beers I should brew next, a place for comments and videos.

Again, any feedback is appreciated. :mug:

Thanks,
Dale

Looks great. Very neat and clean, easy to navigate. Loads fast even from here.

Poll - And I vote for a big IPA with all those hops you have growing!

cool, I really like the dog bones. I have seen a few recipes for them. Just curious how you shape them so nicely? Do you use a cutter or shape them by hand?

The website looks good, however what's up with the Bud Light beer tap?!?!?! C'mon your beer deserves better!

I think it looks cool. It would be awesome to have a site for myself but there would not be much to say.

Nice job on the website! I liked the slideshow-you've got your system dialed in nicely. And the hops...my god the hops!!

Thanks for all the great feedback.

I got the dog bone recipe from these forums, at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/spent-grain-make-your-best-friend-cookies-87097/

They are easy to make and dogs love them. I gave them to a few people at work who have dogs and they all said the dogs were going crazy for them. My parents yellow lab loves them too.

cool, I really like the dog bones. I have seen a few recipes for them. Just curious how you shape them so nicely? Do you use a cutter or shape them by hand?

I have a dog bone cookie cutter I use and then shape them by hand. I've found they crumble apart once they are bitten into; so making them smaller may be better. That way the dog can eat it in one bite and not make a mess. Although they will definitely lick up the crumbs.

The website looks good, however what's up with the Bud Light beer tap?!?!?! C'mon your beer deserves better!

You are absolutely right. I have the black plastic tap handles on there now and an uploaded a new picture to the site. They will do until I can get my own Dale's Brewery tap handles made. Excellent feedback.

Nice site.Just sucks that theres nothing on tap.

It does suck looking at all these empty kegs and fermenters. I placed an order last night for 4 beers. A Red Ale, Extra Pale Ale, American Lager & World Wide Lager. I'm planning on doing 4 brews next weekend; 2 on Saturday & 2 on Sunday. Never done 4 in one weekend, most I've done is 2 in a weekend, but I have done 2 in one day. If you've ever done this before and have any advise, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and be sure to check out the updates at dale's brewery.

-Dale

The hops look great! Would love to try it, but think I would burn them up in the Georgia heat!!

Thanks for the kind words on the hops. Don't know if you saw but I'm in central Florida. There can't be any worse place when it comes to the heat. I was thinking the same thing but look how they are turning out. Go ahead and give it a try. I think the afternoon showers & humidity help alleviate and make up for the brutal heat. Cheers :mug:

I used a big pot or planter full of Miracle Grow Potting Soil to start out. Then every few days I would put Miracle Grow Plant Food (liquid) in with the watering. At about 6 weeks I put Milorganite fertilizer on top of the soil. The Milorganite seemed to work great, you don't have to water it in or anything, although it smells pretty bad. I still use the Miracle Grow Plant Food once a week or so.

Back