My Homebrewpub (WIP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I so hate you...for now.

I have a great gf who is totally supportive of my brew enthusiasm...so something like this is in the future

Looks great and keep us updated!!

minor update.

Here's the ceiling before, just your normal basement ceiling:

3-20-09RussianRiverandbasementce-4.jpg

3-20-09RussianRiverandbasementce-3.jpg

3-20-09RussianRiverandbasementce-2.jpg

...and here it is after:

3-20-09calicommonandbasementceil-4.jpg

3-20-09calicommonandbasementceil-3.jpg

3-20-09calicommonandbasementceil-2.jpg

3-20-09calicommonandbasementceil-1.jpg

The camera flash exaggerates some highlights in the paint on the wood. It actually looks very even to the human eye. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Next step is acid staining the concrete, then on to hanging drywall.

looking good. I'm only about 2 hours from you, so maybe I'll come over.
I'll bring beer and hookers. Make sure you have the pole.

I just used plain old interior flat paint for the ceiling and applied it with a spray gun.

I'm acid staining the concrete floors, though. That's where you may have read me mention acid.

Got some more done today:

The 'outside' pub wall that will have stone on the bottom portion:
basementdrywallhung3-29-09001.jpg

basementdrywallhung3-29-09002.jpg

basementdrywallhung3-29-09003.jpg

Floor is stained and sealed. I need to leave it until Sunday then it will get a couple coats of wax and be ready to walk on.

Those spots were on the camera, not the floor. Look at that shine! :D
basementfloor4-10-09002.jpg

basementfloor4-10-09003.jpg

basementfloor4-10-09007.jpg

Time for an update:

basement4-22-09001.jpg

basement4-22-09002.jpg

Stone goes on the bottom of this wall (the gray part)
basement4-22-09003.jpg

I'm taking the day off tomorrow to hopefully get some serious work done. I have all the oak stained and ready for the columns, and the stone is going up tomorrow too.

Are you putting a punching bag in your bar?

This is the non-bar half of the basement. The exercise room/kid toy room (where you see the punching bag) it roughly 10'x8'. Just enough room for the heavy bag, my Bowflex and enough toys to keep my 2 year old entertained for a couple hours while my wife and I are playing poker.

Pics so far are the exercise room, the poker room, and the bathroom. The homebrewpub will have to wait for funding.

Is that a stained conrete floor or something else? Looks great.... and semi dangerous after some homebrew.

Yes, acid stained concrete floors. The floor is done, it's just covered in drywall dust and sawdust at the moment. Semi-dangerous?

Starting to come together now... I got a late start today because my day of vacation turned into a 1/2 day of vacation since I had to spend the morning in the office - so I didn't get to the stone. I got the columns going and got the walls primed.

Taking the day off tomorrow as well to work on this.

basement4-23-09001.jpg

basement4-23-09002.jpg

basement4-23-09003.jpg

basement4-23-09005.jpg

Nothing yet, but I'll get back to it soon. I'm almost done with the poker room, exercise room and bathroom. I don't yet have an ETA on the pub.

Back