Perlick taps and head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspence1

Reaction score
I've just switched to perlick taps and I'm getting a lot more head than with my old taps, is this a normal issue people have when switching over?

Thanks
John

That has not been my experience. No one else but me seems to even notice my taps.

I just recently switched as well, but the only difference I've noticed is the lack of stuck taps!!

the non sticking taps are great but the head I'm getting is crazy. I wonder if the extra material is taking longer to cool.

I would also check your outposts and fittings. I had a foam issue a few year back and it was a gas tub-diptube oring that was letting air in.

also check that your clamps are all tight and there is no air leaks on the hoses

Would an air bubble in the hose near the out post be indicative of a leak?

I had foaming with one keg my setup... but I think it was overcarbed. I floated the keg before solving the problem!

Looks like I just had to dial back the pressure a little, Now I have no head. It feels like I'm starting over again. I hate having to sample all this beer to get the system balanced :tank:

Back