Washing hands after bathroom use..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
Ok at my place of employment, a few of us have constructed a virtual "yellow" and "Brown" list. Essentially people that use the bathroom and exit without touching the soap go on that list.

I was in the bathroom today and a guy gets done doing his business and out the door he goes. Not even a splash of water. DISGUSTING! It's your choice if you don't want to wash your hands, do it while at work. I don't want to touch something you have touched after touching God knows what kind of chedder you got on your junk.

So happy I don't work in a food production place. However this really puts that into perspective as well.

PSA:: WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!!

We have a new guy here that has been seen my many of us multiple times not washing his hands. We all have to use the same copier, scanners, printers, faxes and everything. I actually just ordered this and plan on hanging it in his cube tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NAGZY2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Yes, I am that much of an *******.

Last edited by a moderator:
im a little ocd on that one too.. been working in a clean room for 15yrs and its required everytime you enter and exit and now it stuck for everthing.. i see alot at the bars, bowling alley, ect and watch what they touch after they come out.. its funny cause the last time i remember noticing a guy was squeesing a little kids face almost as soon as he went out of the bathroom at the bowling alley... almost wanted to tell the little girl to go wash her face.lol..

yea... You think thats bad? Think about using smart phones every day. You are essentially smearing poo on your cheek every day. Sometimes several times a day. Like when you had two dozen hot wings the night before... Yea...

im a little ocd on that one too...

cat-ocd.jpg

Thanks for washing up. :mug:

Oh man - one time at the gym, I was standing at the urinal and could hear that sound coming from the stall - you know, the sound of someone aggressively wiping and then drawing more paper an repeating. And repeating.

I finish what I'm doing and walk to the sink to wash my hands. Dude comes out of the stall, walks up to the neighboring sink, turns the water on, and splashes his hand in the water for, no exaggeration, about one second and goes out to the gym area.

It gets worse - this guy stocks groceries at my neighborhood grocery store. Ffffffffff....

We have a similar list as well at our office. Fist bump only to those that are on the list if you absolutely have to make contact. We also have a "Grunters" list and "DT" list (drop trou). Yes, there are people other than little boys who drop full trou at a urinal.

We have a similar list as well at our office. Fist bump only to those that are on the list if you absolutely have to make contact. We also have a "Grunters" list and "DT" list (drop trou). Yes, there are people other than little boys who drop full trou at a urinal.

We have a simultaneous Grunter and DT. Talk about awkward.

JonM said:
Oh man - one time at the gym, I was standing at the urinal and could hear that sound coming from the stall - you know, the sound of someone aggressively wiping and then drawing more paper an repeating. And repeating.

I finish what I'm doing and walk to the sink to wash my hands. Dude comes out of the stall, walks up to the neighboring sink, turns the water on, and splashes his hand in the water for, no exaggeration, about one second and goes out to the gym area.

It gets worse - this guy stocks groceries at my neighborhood grocery store. Ffffffffff....

Time to shop across town!

I was unaware that there were adults who dropped trou at the urinal. The last time I saw that I was in 2nd grade and the kid quickly learned to keep his pants up.

I was at a bar many years ago where some wags decided to have the DJ announce, "The man in the [] shirt, who is leaving the Men's room, did not wash his hands." Not funny after the first ten, but they kept it up all night.

I can't believe this thread exists! I have the same issue at my work. I'll be doing my deed in the stall and hear COUNTLESS fools coming in and out without washing their hands. Some of them do wash when there's someone else peeing at the same time, so that nobody looks them in the face as they walk out without washing...but when they are the only one at the urinal, they walk right out.

I realize they might not be peeing on their hands, but that doesn't mean their junk, the door handle, the urinal flush handle, etc. are sanitary, or that they didn't touch something earlier that was nastified. Wash your damn hands whenever you get a chance, and I'd say using the bathroom is a pretty good time to do it.

Freaking disgusting.

The only time I don´t wash my hands is if I have to shake my boss hand inmediatly after of going to the bathroom. You can call it mi little revenge or me being a filthy arshat

I wash mine, but frankly I don't see what the big deal is. We're brewers, right? We know that a little bacteria never hurt anyone. Especially with highly attuned & active GI tracts.

I wash mine, but frankly I don't see what the big deal is. We're brewers, right? We know that a little bacteria never hurt anyone. Especially with highly attuned & active GI tracts.

Depends on what the bacteria is. I think the thing is that if you're going into a place like that where lots of people touch stuff, including their junk and potentially their feces, why not also take the opportunity to wash off the crap that you picked up from the gas station, ATM, etc. We're always exposed to germs, but we can at least take SOME opportunities to rid some of them.

I never use the sink in the bathroom--who knows what kind of crap is on the handles (me actually--I had students swab them for class once). Think about this--you wash your hands, get all of the bacteria off, turn the knob off and just reinoculate your hand with whatever crap the last guy had on his hands. To prevent this, you need turn the water on, wash your hands, get a paper towel and use it to turn the water off. Then dry your hands and don't touch the door handle on the way off. It's a bathroom - one of the crappiest :D places. I have a sink behind the desk in my lab--I use it instead.

Either that, or just being in Morocco.

Well yeah but I think he knows exactly were he got it. BTW Morocco is not a dirty or unsafe country just very different of what are we used to it´s trully a fascinating place to visit I´ve there three times and I want to go back

Nope, Purell is for after the bathroom handwashing. Sequence of events. pee or poo ->wash hands with soap and water -> open door with towel ->walk back to desk ->comment on person that didn't wash their hands to your buddies -> see who get's uncomfortable.-> add them to the list for confirmation -> wash with Purell.

There have been two occasions when I've walked into the office bathroom (the BR is outside of the office and is a shared BR for other offices on the same floor. I walked to the sink to wash my hands and could see papers on the floor in the stall. "Gross." I think. "I hope that's not a file I have to touch."

I looked a little closer (not like creepy close, just like a WTF is that? glance) and realized that's not a file. That's pron. Like black and white photocopies of pron.

I walked up the hall in our office and everyone was there, so I assume it must have been a neighbor or a mintenance guy.

JonM said:
There have been two occasions when I've walked into the office bathroom (the BR is outside of the office and is a shared BR for other offices on the same floor. I walked to the sink to wash my hands and could see papers on the floor in the stall. "Gross." I think. "I hope that's not a file I have to touch."

I looked a little closer (not like creepy close, just like a WTF is that? glance) and realized that's not a file. That's pron. Like black and white photocopies of pron.

I walked up the hall in our office and everyone was there, so I assume it must have been a neighbor or a mintenance guy.

Photo copies of prawn? There were shrimp on the floor?

I never use the sink in the bathroom--who knows what kind of crap is on the handles (me actually--I had students swab them for class once). Think about this--you wash your hands, get all of the bacteria off, turn the knob off and just reinoculate your hand with whatever crap the last guy had on his hands. To prevent this, you need turn the water on, wash your hands, get a paper towel and use it to turn the water off. Then dry your hands and don't touch the door handle on the way off. It's a bathroom - one of the crappiest :D places. I have a sink behind the desk in my lab--I use it instead.

I do try to open the door handle with paper towell, especially in public restrooms. My oldest son (10) knows this and is good about remembering it, too. Youngest (6) is a bit more defiant and forgetful :D

yea so I just was in there and some one dropped a dooger and didn't flush. This thing had the girth of a coke can and there wasn't a single piece of paper in there. What an interesting day in the bathroom...

Did this guy just get up and leave? I understand if we had a fire and there wasn't time but cmon!!!

Shorter version in the first vid. Longer rant on germ-phobia in the second. NSFW for language.

Last edited by a moderator:
CoalCracker said:
yea so I just was in there and some one dropped a dooger and didn't flush. This thing had the girth of a coke can and there wasn't a single piece of paper in there. What an interesting day in the bathroom...

Did this guy just get up and leave? I understand if we had a fire and there wasn't time but cmon!!!

Maybe he was proud of his creation.

That guy must have scored the storied Immaculate No-wiper. I've never had it happen, but I am hoping someday.

My work has the same people. I feel like posting a list around the company showing who does and does not wash their hands. If you don't wash, you deserve to be called out on it. I want to know if the person I'm about to shake hands with washed after they took a freakin $hit. I think I'm owed at least that courtesy. Effing disgusting.

"I wash my hands befo' I touch my dick!"

We say, you know you work in waste water when you wash your hands before going to the bathroom.

Johnny and jimmy, side by side taking a leak. Johnny walks to the door and jimmy says "my mom taught me to wash my hands after I pee." To this Johnny replies "my mom taught me not to pee on my hands."

HA!

I work with a guy like that. He's odd for lots of reasons.

Photo copies of prawn? There were shrimp on the floor?

Don't eat shrimp from the bathroom.

Latest posts

Back