Bend, OR...what's hot, what's not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMan551

Reaction score
Going to Bend this weekend to partake in the local beer scene...where are the hidden gems? What are the places I MUST see? What places are over rated?

Good food spots, breakfast lunch and dinner?
Must do breweries? Off the map spots? I want to make the most of my day and a half...and do as many beer related activities that time will allow!!

Thanks in advance for the help. This is my trip to Mecca!

JER

If I had to make at least one recommendation it would be go to Boneyard Brewing! They only have a small tap room but the beer is epic. There are a lot of breweries over there but Boneyard is amazing. Awesome IPA's

Definitely Boneyard! There is a bus that takes you around to several breweries in bend, and Boneyard is one of the stops. Last time I was there, they weren't bottling (and probably still aren't), but they sold growlers and tasters.

I live about 4 hours from Bend and my wife and I like to vacation in Sun River (15 miles from Bend). She doesn't know it, but I look forward to Boneyard the most.

Alright...Boneyard for sure! Heard great things about it...after Deschutes and Goodlife, this is number three on the have-to-do list!

Keep them coming...any good food spots? I'm looking for the hidden gems!

Thanks guys

JER

Definitely Boneyard! There is a bus that takes you around to several breweries in bend, and Boneyard is one of the stops. Last time I was there, they weren't bottling (and probably still aren't), but they sold growlers and tasters.

I live about 4 hours from Bend and my wife and I like to vacation in Sun River (15 miles from Bend). She doesn't know it, but I look forward to Boneyard the most.

From what I've heard they haven't started distribution of their beer, but when they do it won't be bottled but canned which is pretty awesome!

Goodlife's descender IPA got me I to that style. I really like their beer. Probably worth a stop there.

The BBC (Bend Brewing Company), Silver Moon, and 10 Barrel also have some great brews. The McMenamins pubs in town are really cool, but the beer is kind of "meh."

The Deschutes pub will have lots of interesting stuff you can't get in bottles or on tap in any bars, check it out.

10 Barrel (then you could walk the few blocks) to Good Life (plan on some time in the Biergarten for some cornhole), then somehow get to the other side of town and hit Boneyard (nothing good on tap when I was there, but I did get a free hat cause it was my birthday) and walk down to CRUX "fermentation project" which is a really cool place with solid food. A lot of options, didn't have a great experience at Bend Brewing Company or Silver Moon, but it may have just been my experience. Whatever you do, enjoy yourself and walk or take a cab:mug:

Back