Great Beer Quote

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
Im sure many of you have seen this already but I just saw it last night..a documentary called Beer Wars. A great movie about the beer industry. Anyway in the opening credits there is a great quote I thought I would share.

"American beer is like a Canoe....they are both effin close to water."

After watching I went and got a six pack of Three Floyds Pale Ale...a really good beer.

"American beer is like making love in a canoe.........It's effing close to water!"

Great film, Beer Wars is a classic documentary on the Craft Brewing Industry!!

I really want to see the documentary, I heard it's pretty good.

You were inspired to buy an AMERICAN Pale Ale after reading that quote?

Don't get me wrong, I understand what is really meant by the quote, but taken in the literal sense I just thought what histo did was kinda funny. All in good fun.:mug:

I guess I was a little off on the quote. I should have said it is more for the BMC beers but you all probably already know that.

Im sure many of you have seen this already but I just saw it last night..a documentary called Beer Wars. A great movie about the beer industry. Anyway in the opening credits there is a great quote I thought I would share.

"American beer is like a Canoe....they are both effin close to water."

After watching I went and got a six pack of Three Floyds Pale Ale...a really good beer.

I heard that joke years ago, and teh funny thing was I had a buddy who would pick up KAYAK beer in Toronto cause it was cheap, and is was F'in close to water too.

The quote is older than that... and I believe that it's "Why is American Beer like sex in a canoe..."

Python at the Hollywood Bowl.

1982?

Recorded from a 1980 performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I thought we were going to start saying beer quotes. I know you all love the famous T-Pain quote: "She made us drinks to drink we drunk em and got drunk."

I wonder if generations from now people will put that on bumper stickers or engrave that on a wood plaque. :p

In 1982, implying that Aussie beer is more flavorful than American beer made so much sense. Now it's like having sex in scuba gear with a beach chair.... It's embarrassing and makes no sense.

Fill with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today.

-Edgar A. Poe, 1848

Back