Anyone have a clone for Starr Hill Amber Ale? Link included.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll have trouble finding clones for beers that are super local like this one, but I tossed together what I think is a decent starting point. They give you plenty of info, including ABV and IBU and ingredients. I looked at some reviews and picked up that it was a lightly hoppy dark red beer with a sweet finish. I've never had it, but this could be a start: 75% eff, 5 gal into fermenter. Adjust accordingly for your IBU and volumes.

6lbs 4oz 2-row
1lb munich
1lb wheat malt
1lb C60
2oz chocolate (350L)

0.75 Willamette 5.5% AA 60m
0.50oz willamette 15m
0.5oz willamette 0m

Thanks Daksin! Appreciate the hell out of your efforts. I'll give that one a go. New to grain so coming up with the recipe was giving me problems.

I live about 5 miles from the brewery and enjoy their amber. I'm curious to see how this turns out. Keep us updated.

Will do Cbm. I have ingredients coming tomorrow for the Cream of Three Crops so I might try a 2.5 gallon of this while the three crops has my big fermenter tied up.

Johnnyhamer said:
Thanks Daksin! Appreciate the hell out of your efforts. I'll give that one a go. New to grain so coming up with the recipe was giving me problems.

How did this batch turn out for you? I really like this Amber Ale as well and would like to do a batch myself.

Starr Hill is actually retiring the Amber Ale. Too bad, it was a pretty nice amber. At least I'll got some of the last batch since I live a 10 minute drive from them. I have to say though, it was much better about 5 years ago. Like most of their beers, they've changed up the recipe a good deal.

Back