how to clean sediment in corny.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labratbrew

Reaction score
I bought two corny kegs from a fellow homebrewer last summer. Both pressure test ok.. but I just now got around to inspecting the insides and found some nice sediment left over from homebrew... I've been successful at scrubbing off 50% of it however I cannot get my arms to reach down further to polish up the rest... Any ideas on what I can do? I've heard white vinegar works well....

Can you use some oxiclean and hot water, and use a scrub brush (a new toilet brush from the dollar store would work!) and then let it sit to loosen up a bit? That should work.

Yooper said:
Can you use some oxiclean and hot water, and use a scrub brush (a new toilet brush from the dollar store would work!) and then let it sit to loosen up a bit? That should work.

Haha! Funny thing topped is I did go to the dollar store a toilet brush (brissels) and tried like heck to clean it... Was letting it soak with one step... Is it any different than oxyclean?

chumpsteak said:
Hot PBW works wonders....just dissolves the crud.

Really pbw?
I think ill head down to my homebrew shop now!
How long do you let it sit for?

PBW or oxiclean will both have that thing spotless.
Use the hottest water you can, and let it sit overnight.

Back