Whatcha Cookin' tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannPM

Reaction score
So...What is it?

I've got some box Jambalaya Rice with a little Cayenne pepper mixed in. I've also got Pinto Beans cooking in Bacon Fat with Cajun seasoning and more Cayenne pepper & black pepper.

Drinking a wheat homebrew while it's all sizzilin' too :drunk:

Well, since I finished installing my new faucet box, and I now have three different home brews on tap simultaneously, evidently I'm mostly having liquid dinners every other night.. at least till the novelty of this new totally awesome thing wears off.. tonight is an 'other night'....

So for actual solid (or semi solid) sustenance I'll probably opt for a Boboli Pizza, or Top Ramen jazzed up with fresh veggies, shredded cheese, and some salsa... Or maybe instant rice instead of the Ramen..

which ever seems to be least on the hassle scale...

Dry rubbed pork chops cooked in Grandma's Cast Iron Skillet.
Sides of baked mac & cheese and Braeburn apple & Porter compote.

Bob made fried speckled trout he caught yesterday, sliced fresh pineapple, and a veggie mix of yellow squash, red pepper, and carrots that he stir fried. We had crabapple wine with it, and then had a couple of homebrews on the deck. It was a beautiful day today, with a great sunset. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, but I think we're going out for dinner.

I don't cook much.

Bob made fried speckled trout he caught yesterday, sliced fresh pineapple, and a veggie mix of yellow squash, red pepper, and carrots that he stir fried. We had crabapple wine with it, and then had a couple of homebrews on the deck. It was a beautiful day today, with a great sunset. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, but I think we're going out for dinner.

I don't cook much.

I generally can't eat anything that smells fishy... I desperately want to like fish, but thus far the only kind I can eat are the non-fishy fish (ie fish and chips, fish sticks, mahi mahi, etc.)..

I like fishing, and I live in a place that is nothing but good fishing... rainbow, golden, and brown trout, large and small mouth bass, salmon, sturgeon, perch, etc...

If only I could learn how to prepare local fish so that it's not fishy tasting... Have a friend that's a gourmet chef that has promised for over five years to come and hang out for a few days and show me how to make it so I'll like it, but thus far has never delivered..

Fish is very good for you, and in this economy (I appear to be permanently stuck at this new much lower income level now) fishing is not only fun but a good way to save some money...

IF only it didn't taste like fish!

BRINNER FTW!

I hadn't thought of it until now, but I am really in the mood for cooking today. The sun is out again and it's warm, so maybe I'll do burgers on the grill. Mix in some bacon and buy some cheddar and fixins.

Have to go downstate for a bit of training, and plan to stop at Brewgadgets in Lakeview on the way home and maybe get ready to brew a IIPA this weekend... Hopslam clone?? Yes please!

Back