Borracho Beans with chicken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevadashawn

Reaction score
Like most slow cooker recipes, this is great for the working class. Start it in the morning before work, and when you come home, voila, Dinner. I started mine this morning on low. When I got home, it was done, but I poured in a couple of pints of Centennial Blonde, put the cooker on high and brought it up to temperature. I think there is much more beer flavor that way instead of cooking the beer all day.

Borracho Beans with chicken

1 bag of Pinto beans
2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes with Chiles
2 diced Serrano Chiles
1 white onion, diced
2 smashed cloves of garlic
1 whole chicken, cut up
2 pints of a light beer
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
2 fresh Jalapeño Chiles, diced
1 cup fresh Cilantro, diced

Soak the Pinto beans in water overnight. In the morning, rinse them in a colander and then return them to the slow cooker. Add the 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes, the diced chiles, the onion, and the garlic. Cut the chicken up and lay the 6 major pieces (if you need help with this, check youtube) on top of the beans. Add water to bring the liquid level just to the top of the chicken. Cover and turn the slow cooker on low. When you come home from work, remove the chicken from the cooker and let cool a little bit. Turn the cooker on high, and add the beer and spices. Shred the chicken from the bone, discard the bones, skin and fat and return the shredded chicken to the cooker. Stir it all together and wait for it to come up to temp, about 30 minutes. Serve in bowls garnished with the Jalepenos and Cilantro. Enjoy!

Sounds delicious. I think I'm going to try this recipe on Sunday. I'll post my results.

Cheers! :mug:

Sounds yummy. Got to wait until the weather cools down before I start heatin up the kitchen though. Never realized that borracho beans had so much beer in them. :p

Back