Question for Beer Gun owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
How did you go about setting up your gun? I got the installation kit and they say I still need a CO2 "Y". No problem, found one of those.

...now, the instructions show a threaded shutoff instead of barbed. Can't find one of those anywhere. Has anyone else found them? If not, how did you go about setting up your gun?

I'm hoping to use my Y for the gun and to keep a keg on the tank when the gun isn't being used. Any advice?

I'm going to have to post pictures of mine.

I set up a second secondary regulator on my tank and the wye.
That way I can keep my serving settings alone.

I set the 2nd reg for 1psi. One side of the wye goes to the corny and the other to the beer gun. Its hady having thses connections outside of the fridge. It allows me to use the CO2 for beer transport (using carboy caps) and to force carb at a higher pressure (soda, ect).

Northern Brewer has the threaded shut offs. IMHO it is worth having threaded instead of barbed for the flexibility. I'm replacing my barbed fittings.

Perfect - thanks olllllo. Northern was probably the only major site I didn't check. I couldn't believe that Micromatic and Beverage Factory didn't have them.

I ordered it up!!

rdwj said:
Perfect - thanks olllllo. Northern was probably the only major site I didn't check. I couldn't believe that Micromatic and Beverage Factory didn't have them.

I ordered it up!!

You'll want 2. You should replace your existing barbed to prevent any back flow.

Back