Bayou Classic Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruversm

Reaction score
I currently own a Bayou Classic SQ14 low pressure burner stand to use with my Keggle. Can that be safely retrofitted with a high pressure M5HPR hose?

I don't know the answer to your question and am guessing that no regular member here does either, or else you'd have an answer by now. I'm just posting to suggest that you contact the manufacturer and ask them for the real answer.

yeah you can hook it up but the burner wont use it efficiently it's just too much gas for that particular burner. Look into getting a 20psi hose and the bayou sp10 burners.

I wonder what you're trying to do? You could always contact the manufacturer for good info. I have 2 of these burners in my rig, and I thought the stock 10 PSI reg wouldn't be enough to supply 2 burners, so I bought a 20 PSI reg. The burners kept blowing out, etc....which is a dangerous thing if you turn your back for a few minutes.

I went back to the 10 PSI reg, and both burners can rip at full blast with the proper mixture of fuel and air. These burners are quite powerful; anything more and you'll be sending flames up the sides of your vessel and wasting fuel.

Why the different hose?

I contacted the Manufacturer today and the sales guy told me that the 30psi hose would blow out the flame and that I should stick with the 10psi stock hose.

I have a Keggle that I would like to have more BTU's. Is there a way to retrofit a jet burner (sp?) to that SQ14 Bayou stand?

Back