60qt Igloo Cooler Creator.. Your a genius!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
We live in Canyon Country, CA. and often times the temperature gets hotter than I care for. Today it's 94 degrees outside, 94 degrees in my apartment (poor insulation and single pane windows).

Curious of how the frozen 2ltr bottle of soda trick is working, I dropped a floating therm. into the cooler and the temperature is a cool 63-64 degrees.

So far we have put 1 bottle in when we get up for work and swapped it out in the evening with a fresh frozen bottle.

Works like a charm.

Fermentation is going pretty good from what I can tell.

Excited about the finished product we went out and picked up some more 22oz bottles of microbrew to try out and save the bottles.

We salute you "Mr. Igloo cooler beer fermenter guy"...:mug:

mmm... coolers are great... I kinda had to build a cooler to keep mine cold. Works really well. Can never get it to go under 60 though. So ale's only for me for a while. :)
PIC_1409.jpg

PIC_1407.jpg

PIC_1410.jpg

Great idea. Although I'm not in California, Oklahoma can get quite hot, too. We're looking at 100's next week so this little trick might help me for my first true boil.

Latest posts

Back