• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Downsizing my Brew System - My Loss, Your Gain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKershner

Reaction score
ALL SOLD, THANKS!

Here is a link to a pile of pictures of all of this stuff: https://plus.google.com/photos/1170...ms/5739550817401009585?authkey=CM3AmPOV5rydfQ

I will not part out anything to start, but if you want only a piece of what is being sold, post on here. If I get enough interest in enough parts, I will part it out.

Items For Sale:
Single tier 3-pot brew system including pots, burners, pumps, coils, and tubes/fittings. This is a turn key system, ready to go. The burners are a little rusty, but still work. You could replace em for $20ea if it bothers you, would be a 5min install. Here is a good description of the system and how it works: http://brew.dkershner.com/2010/the-slampbrewsystem/
This was the first ever shipped out Brewers Equipment stand. To build all of this new would cost about $1500 plus a whole lotta time, willing to sell as a unit for $800. SOLD This is a Local only sale for now, I don't want to think about what shipping this would be like.
Details on the System:
Built from 3 15.5gal Bayou Classic Pots, the pots themselves include bulkheads, thermometers, and sight glasses on all but the BK. The lids have inputs attached and the lids themselves are interchangeable to make mid-brew-day transfers easy. Only one hose disconnect and reconnect is necessary throughout the brew day. The pumps are controlled by switches on that waterproof box on the right. There is a very tiny leak in the HLT's sight glass, it drips about 3 drops per hour. Since its only water in there, I have never chosen to fix it. Losing 3 drops of mash would be another story.
The stand itself has been well taken care of, I have sanded and painted it many times. The stand comes with high temp black paint, probably enough to paint it 100 more times or so. There has been some rust here and there, but nothing that would prevent this stand from lasting another 1000 years. This system has been well used, for more than 100 batches, but never abused.
The HERMS heating and DITCHES end cooling is done by 2 50ft Stainless Steel coils (the heating process of the mash only takes 1). It is extremely easy to keep the mash within 1 degree of temp, and requires only a flip of a switch to heat it up slowly to mash out. The DITCHES cooling with one stage of 55F water and one stage of ice water can cool the 10gal boil to 70F in about 20min.

Some little valve thing that I never found a purpose for. It's gotta be from Chi Company...I'll see if I can figure out more about this one. Make Offer.

6-way CO2 splitter manifold with tubes, clamps, and disconnects. $40 + ship http://morebeer.com/view_product/16391/102238/Gas_Manifold_-_6_Way SOLD

4 taps, shanks, nuts, tailpieces, hoses, and disconnects. One is a stout tap sorta like this one, but not as nice. One is 1/4" tubing and a 1/4" tailpiece, so if you want to use this for beer, you would need new 3/16" tubing. The tailpiece will work, but will be a tight squeeze. The taps are the standard ones, not perlick. SOLD

12 corny kegs, fully rebuilt, clean, and holding pressure. Ball locks. Comes with extra of the 4 small O-Rings. $40ea + ship. Could work out shipping and quantity discounts, but would prefer local. ALL Sold

Alright, that's it for now, thanks for looking! Let me know if you have any questions on any of this.

Alright, so theres a line for the manifold, I will do a shipping quote tomorrow for you atjsparty and I will let the rest of you know if it goes south.

PMs replied to.

I'm in staten island how long us the drive up there, maybe I'll come pickup that system??

Bend, OR is where I am located, must have me confused with someone else...

In any case, Google maps says:
2,801 mi, 1 day 22 hours
I-80 W

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=staten+island+to+Bend,+OR&ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=m&z=4&vpsrc=0[/ame]

Let me know when you'll be here so I can have the system ready.

To the manifold line and all of the people interested in cornies: I have a local buyer interested in both. I will be meeting with him tomorrow and will fill all of you in if he chooses not to purchase.

=P This is more like 1I1O, Supply Chain guy.

The shanks and stuff have been sold to jman! Thanks!

All yours Ajsparty. Its heavy and you are all the way across the country, so I'll shove it in a medium flat rate. PMd you my paypal address, please enclose $51 and please try not to make me pay fees on it.

Thanks! Updating main post.

Sale Pending on everything besides the system (and no, I haven't forgotten about you guy who want the system, but I am going to try locally first).

Back