Just tried my first homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekendBrewer

Reaction score
I just tried my first homebrew and it's fantastic :ban: . Its a porter from my LHBS called Vulcan Butt Porter. Its been in bottles for 2 weeks now and following the B3 instructions is ready to drink. I have read a lot on this forum and also the howtobrew website and any other info Google would give me. I'm in now rush to drink it all up since according to the 123 method mentioned in throughout the forum pages it's still a little green (only 4 weeks old). Anyway, its got a great flavor, no off flavors, good carbonation and if you hold it up to the light so you can see thru it, appears to have good clarity. Thanks to all here for your great info. I can't wait to get my next batch (a light ale that currently in the fermenter) into bottles and try it.

I didn't have a good batch until #3, but 1 & 2 were BrewS(u)cks.

The trick is to build up a stock pile.

Congratz!!! I remember trying my first brew. It turned out pretty good. It never had a chance to really age in the bottles...we drank it all in a couple of weeks (was only a 1gal batch)..lol.

weekendBrewer said:
I just tried my first homebrew and it's fantastic :ban: . Its a porter from my LHBS called Vulcan Butt Porter. Its been in bottles for 2 weeks now and following the B3 instructions is ready to drink. I have read a lot on this forum and also the howtobrew website and any other info Google would give me. I'm in now rush to drink it all up since according to the 123 method mentioned in throughout the forum pages it's still a little green (only 4 weeks old). Anyway, its got a great flavor, no off flavors, good carbonation and if you hold it up to the light so you can see thru it, appears to have good clarity. Thanks to all here for your great info. I can't wait to get my next batch (a light ale that currently in the fermenter) into bottles and try it.
Very smart to already have another in the pipeline. Keep it up and you'll have a nice stock so you can let some of it condition for months. It really does get better after about 2 months (in my experience). :cross:

Congrats. I remember my first batch - I thought it was the best beer I ever had. But the really good news is that you will likely only get better at this with time.

Back