malting barley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400d

Reaction score
ok I am a begginer, so I just wanted to ask couple of things concerning malting process.

since in my country is very hard to get seeds for brewing, and online ordering is very hard too, I was wondering could I just make my own malt.

If I buy raw barley which is available, couldn't I just malt it myself and make some good beer out of it?

for example I wanted to malt it for each 5 gallong brewing process, let's say 5 kilograms, which I could make germinate, then stop the process by drying it in my oven...

what do you say about my idea?

It is possible but you might want to anticipate a bit of a learning curve. Malting is a separate art in its' own right. Do some searching here and on other brewing forums as I know there are some folks who have tried home malting.

ok I am a begginer, so I just wanted to ask couple of things concerning malting process.

since in my country is very hard to get seeds for brewing, and online ordering is very hard too, I was wondering could I just make my own malt.

If I buy raw barley which is available, couldn't I just malt it myself and make some good beer out of it?

for example I wanted to malt it for each 5 gallong brewing process, let's say 5 kilograms, which I could make germinate, then stop the process by drying it in my oven...

what do you say about my idea?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/happiness-home-malting-107409/#post1182204

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back