Rochefort 10 experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badnaam

Reaction score
I pitched wyeast 3787 into it 14 days ago, it's been fermenting for 12 days, and it's still going at a bubble every 10 seconds. When is this gonna stop?

Can you please share you experience with this/similar brew. The OG was 1.08, perhaps 1.09-1.1 with temperature correction.

Thanks

Fermented beer still lets off a certain amount of co2 even after the fermentation is complete. Just take a gravity reading and if it stays the same for three days straight then the fermentation is done.

With that high of an OG, the yeast have probably just gotten around to cleaning up from the violent part of the fermentation. Give it some time, it'll come around.

badnaam said:
I pitched wyeast 3787 into it 14 days ago, it's been fermenting for 12 days, and it's still going at a bubble every 10 seconds. When is this gonna stop?

Can you please share you experience with this/similar brew. The OG was 1.08, perhaps 1.09-1.1 with temperature correction.

Thanks

Just leave it be for a couple more weeks. My 1.090 belgian sat for a whole month in primary, and then another month in secondary, and it was definitely worth it.

Back