Looking for Founders Breakfast Stout - Willing to Trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verio

Reaction score
I'm looking to try a Founders Breakfast Stout (as I'd like to make a Homebrew version) and I'd like to see how it tastes first.

I can trade you any local craft beer, or a home brews from myself as well. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I've got a Wit, a Blackberry Wheat, and a Apfelwein brewed so far.

Unfortunately, Founders doesn't have any beer out here in Texas, so it's nearly impossible to get one.

Can you get 120min IPA in TX? Its above the limit in Ohio, but i can get FBS at the local store.

Can you get 120min IPA in TX? Its above the limit in Ohio, but i can get FBS at the local store.

Hmm, I'm not a huge fan of IPA's so I've never really checked. Let me go look at the craft brew store next time and I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Verio, did you ever get your breakfast stout? I haven't looked for it in a while but generally have no problem getting Founder's beers from my local store. Let me know. If you haven't got it yet, I'll take a look for it at the store this weekend.

Are you looking for the Breakfast Stout or 'Kentucky Breakfast Stout'? The KBS is the more sought after of the two... Let me know, I'm cellaring both

That is one lucky cellar. I still have one KBS left from last year- I'm not sure what I'm saving it for, but I guess I'll know when it happens!

neovox said:
Verio, did you ever get your breakfast stout? I haven't looked for it in a while but generally have no problem getting Founder's beers from my local store. Let me know. If you haven't got it yet, I'll take a look for it at the store this weekend.

I live in Northern Texas and have been trying to locate some Founders Brewery KBS. I have never tried it before and i have even resulted to posting on Facebook and trying to figure out which of my old Marine Corps lives on the east coast. Can anyone help me out?

cyberwollf said:

Yes you can. I live in Denison, Tx and have got it before. It is distributed by Ben E. Keith Company. So just give them a call and see who is stocking it. Although I didn't think any Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA was put on the shelves this year

Arg!! I was stuck at work all day yesterday when they got the shipment of KBS in at our local store. It sold out in minutes... But, I might be going to the founders brewery in a few weeks. I'll let you know if I get any

So I've had Founder's Breakfast stout but never KBS. I swung by my local brew store after work today to check in on KBS. Holy !@#$. Talk about exclusive. This place is fully stocked with MI beer on a regular basis. They only were able to get 2 cases, and have a 40 person advanced order waiting list. I was able to score a single bottle for myself and that was it. Looking forward to trying it this weekend. Sorry, tried to to get more to swap but there was a 1 bottle per customer limit. Bummer....

sounds like it may be impossible to get KBS, but I'll throw this out there. I just went to the store yesterday and have 5 bottles of pliny the elder in my fridge, if anybody wants to trade KBS for pliny let me know.

If I wasn't SUPER poor right now and watching every penny (have to replace my furnace this month unexpectedly), I'd trade KBS for PtE. I bought a 4-pack that went straight into the cellar since KBS is wayyyyyyyy better with a year of age on it. Honestly I wouldn't be all that surprised if there was some still sitting on the shelf at the store a few blocks from me. The whole UP got allocated 11 cases and they bought 7 of them.

bruin_ale said:
sounds like it may be impossible to get KBS, but I'll throw this out there. I just went to the store yesterday and have 5 bottles of pliny the elder in my fridge, if anybody wants to trade KBS for pliny let me know.

Try trading on BeerAdvocate.com you will definitely be able to find someone to trade KBS for Pliny

I just got a hold of 8 bottles of KBS yesterday (2x 4packs). I'd be willing to part with two of the bottles if someone has something worth trading.

Hmmmm....I can get yazoo out of nashville, big river mini kegs, Highland out of ashville, abita from nola....chattanooga brewing company unfortunately doesn't bottle yet...neither does the terminal.

Back