Had the rare perfect brewday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
Brewed a batch this morning and, for the first time ever, everything - I mean EVERYTHING - went perfectly. Kinda makes me nervous.

Seriously - I started and finished on schedule, hit every number dead on, hit every volume dead on, did those inevitable on-the-fly recalculations with no sweat, all the gear was where it was supposed to be, didn't unexpectedly run out of anything, etc. Either I'm getting good at this or Murphy is waiting to bite me in the @ss ...

the sun shines even on a dog's a** every now and again.... sometimes it just plays out. Bet it will be a good batch.

And here comes the 'Satan's anus' infection in the fermenter. :D

I kid, I love when everything works smoothly, I just wish more of my brewdays went like that.

I have been hitting solid 87% efficiency lately, I am positive that if I lower my grainbill to compensate I will be back at 75%, just to show me I shouldn't get cocky.

Planning two batches over the 4th weekend - maybe that's when the bill will come due.

The last (and only) time this happened to me, the beer got stale and carboardish. I hope your luck is better than mine.

I had a brew day like that last weekend... In fact, the first batch went so well and so smoothly, that I decided to go for a second batch, rather than hold off a week for my next beer. And that one went equally smoothly.

Frankly, I'm frightened by what may come of my next brew day... ;)

Bah. I did very well right up until I added the 5 minute hops. Then I took a gravity reading and was way low. I called it good anyway. It's still a fairly potent beer.

Not sure what the deal is. I tried the new Beersmith out and increased the volume, but I think I must overestimated my efficiency this time.

It will still be a 7% stout, so it should do the trick. With less aging.

It seems like every time brewday goes perfectly for me, the beer turns out less than acceptable. I don't know what it is, but when things go wrong the beer comes out great!

Stangeness...

I'm in no way cursing your brew. As a matter of fact: Awesome! Hope it comes out great! :)

Back