milled grain life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougan

Reaction score
I got the grain for a beer last week sometime intending to brew this past weekend, but it never happened. Do you think it will last until sunday?

I milled it at the LHBS and then put the grain in an ale pail and put the lid on it (does have the hole for the airlock in it) and then just stuck it in the closet. It has been humid for a day or two when it rained but otherwise has been average, around 72 degrees and will stay that way.

Do you think it will last? Or should I just dump it and spend the 15 bucks again? Not a big deal if I have to, I'd rather do that than waste 8 hours brewing for a yuck beer, if you think I should be concerned.

I got the grain for a beer last week sometime intending to brew this past weekend, but it never happened. Do you think it will last until sunday?

I milled it at the LHBS and then put the grain in an ale pail and put the lid on it (does have the hole for the airlock in it) and then just stuck it in the closet. It has been humid for a day or two when it rained but otherwise has been average, around 72 degrees and will stay that way.

Do you think it will last? Or should I just dump it and spend the 15 bucks again? Not a big deal if I have to, I'd rather do that than waste 8 hours brewing for a yuck beer, if you think I should be concerned.

Milled grain should stay fresh for a few weeks.

It'll be fine. I've gone over a month without issue. Just be careful as mice LOVE milled grain. They ate a hole in the top of my bucket trying to get at it once. Probably best to leave it in the house and not the garage.

Back