Anyone have this 2 faucet tower from Keg Connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blk94f150

Reaction score
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=102

I've e-mailed and called this place several times with no response. (Which isn't a good start) So does anyone have this? I have a couple of questions.

-Is it all stainless?
-Is it insulated?
-Does it come with mounting hardware?

ACU got back with me in less than 24 hrs, so they are winning the bidding as of now.

Mike

I'm getting the Perlick faucets, so after that they are about the same price.

All I'm looking for is stainless steel in contact with the beer, insulated, comes with mounting hardware, and has a gasket.

Mike

Yup, I nought the same tower from kegeonnection.com a while back. It's minimally insulated, all stainless and comes with mounting hardware. I'd upgrade to forward sealing faucets though.

I'm getting a whole kit from kegconnection and received very good customer service! He emailed me back promptly 3 or 4 times 2 days ago when I was asking questions and he's allowing me to modify the kit to suit my needs.

I'm getting a whole kit from kegconnection and received very good customer service! He emailed me back promptly 3 or 4 times 2 days ago when I was asking questions and he's allowing me to modify the kit to suit my needs.

So the funky worm drove you to kegging, huh? :D

I just got the brass kit from them. It is very nice but I did not get any mounting materials at all. I contacted them so hopefully I will be hearing something soon.

BTW: It does have some insulation in the tower.

Are you supposed to get mounting hardware? Does it have a gasket for between it and the bar? Is the tower stainless as well? Is there enough room inside for more insulation as I don't want condensation to build up on the outside.

I'm definitely doing the Perlick faucets as I'm not screwing around on this, it's beer for god's sake.

Mike

I bought two 3 faucet towers from Quality Beer Equipment along with a 24" drip tray and two sanke taps.

Very good service and the price was good as well.

Same questions then. All stainless? Insulation? Hardware? Nobody has a very good description on thier sites.

Plus, if I order the 2 faucet tower from them for $100 and then order 2 Perlick faucets for around $40 each, that's $180 vs $167 from Keg Connection and it's all in one deal.

Mike

If the kegconnection tower doesn't have much insulation in it, it would be very easy to put some in! If the kegconnection tower doesn't have the hardware, I can't imagine a few stainless screws to cost more than a couple dollars at home depot, and the kegconnection tower is advertised as all stainless. :)

I'm converting a Sanyo fridge and want to start out with Perlicks too. From what I've seen/read, for best quality get a stainless steel tower from ACU Metal Fab (they call it a draft arm), stainless steel elbow shanks from Micro Matic, and Perlicks from anybody you like.

With ACU you can choose brushed or polished stainless or polished brass. A brushed SS, two faucet tower, 12" tall, 3" diameter is about $50. Polished SS would be more. You just have to call/email them to ask questions and order. When I called they were really helpful.

As for the SS elbow shanks, I couldn't find them anywhere else so that's why I linked to Micro Matic.

All together, this runs about $186 + shipping. Not cheap, but you aren't throwing anything away (cheap faucets) and you're getting top quality. Like you said, it's beer for god's sake!

If the kegconnection tower doesn't have much insulation in it, it would be very easy to put some in! If the kegconnection tower doesn't have the hardware, I can't imagine a few stainless screws to cost more than a couple dollars at home depot, and the kegconnection tower is advertised as all stainless. :)

I know, but if I'm buying I like to get the most for my money and with the least stress. So if the Keg Connection tower is all set up out of the box, better. I'm also wondering if it is totally stainless. Or is just the tower all stainless, or just the shanks.

I e-mailed ACU yesterday and the 12 inch tower is about $100 now. With 2x$40 for Perlicks, 2x$30 for SS shanks, and whatever else for hoses, you're probably pushing $250-$260 with shipping.

The Keg Connection tower is $167 with Perlicks + shipping.

Mike

My towers have 1/4" of open cell insulation in the tower, chrome look plastic caps on top with insulation and o-rings that look exactly like the tower body, Oetiker clamps internal and standard plated screws. Basically, exactly the same as every draft tower in any bar I've pulled beer at.

That said, the ACU towers ARE very nice, but were going to run about $120 more per tower than what I paid for mine, and that's without front sealing faucets.

2534175610_65a0ba83b0.jpg

I'd like to avoid plastic. Those towers look nice, but I'm looking for all metal.

I got an e-mail back from keg connection and the shanks are chrome. How bad is this compared to stainless?

Mike

I bought the 2 faucet tower set up from keg connection, I got a good price and great service via phone and email. I also got 3 kegs shipped with it and they were clean and in good shape. I think most companies are selling the "CHROME" brand of faucets and towers. I thought all the boxes said chrome to describe the color - turns out that's the name of the manufacturer.

Can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference between the chrome and SS shanks? I figure worst case senerio I don't like the chrome shanks and order the SS shanks from Micromatic.

Thanks for everyone's imput.

Mike

Thanks for all the imput. I ordered the Keg Connection 2 faucet tower with Perlicks a couple days ago. If I don't like the chrome shanks, I'll just upgrade to stainless.

Now does anyone know of a good SS, flush mounted drip tray with a drain that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Mike

Latest posts

Back