Kitchen hutch and kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdwiggi

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am wanting to build some thing for both my wife and I that will be a useful piece of furniture and a functional kegerator. We live in a small home but that has not kept us from brewing for almost 7 years. I am wanting to build a kitchen hutch of sorts that can hold our microwave, be a wine rack, store potatoes and onions (along with other dryer vegetables) but most of all be a kegerator. I guess why I am posting here is because I want to get your input on the matter as well as pitfalls that I may avoid. Below is a link to thread concerning the Danby mini fridge conversion project as well as another project for a functional furniture piece. I have also included some pictures and links to picture of hutches she likes. All in all I think we want the Danby under the hutch but who knows...

Please let me know what you all think...

cd

Danby- dar440bl conversion
Functional Piece

59257-438x.jpg

Collinsville708003.jpg

images.jpg

kitchen-hutch (2).jpg

100_LizziesHutch1.jpg

OK I may have been a little over zealous in asking for advise on this project ( 86 views 0 reply's) but I can believe that I didn't even get a discouraging reply...

Anyway I will post images of this as I start the build...

cd

Do post! I'm curious to see how it goes and plan to do something similar in the future at some point.

Sounds interesting to say the least. Might be hard to find a hutch big enough to fit the kegerator portion, but stranger things have happened. Can't wait to see the build pics. :mug:

The biggest thing that tripped me up when I built a bookcase door to hide my kegerator was the amount of space i had to leave for the drip tray and taps. They essentially ended up in a recessed box that was well below eye level which makes it hard to see as you're standing in front of it. What is your plan for the taps?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/beer-closet-bookcase-340351/

I also was thinking about doing something like this. I don't just want a plain Keezer. i want something that functions as a piece of furniture. I am very interested to see this progress.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I am looking forward to this project.

cd

Latest posts

Back