Biggest Flip Top bottle I have ever seen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twalte

Reaction score
Saw this today at Total Wine. 3 quarts, 5 ounces, and only $80:drunk:

I put them next to a 12oz bottle for comparison.

Would make bottling day a lot faster, but I don't have enough friends to finish one in an evening.

2013-01-01131914_zpsbc8ca15c.jpg

2013-01-01131924_zps9e330c91.jpg

That's double the bomber price and $40 for the fancy bottle.:fro:

I think I seen a bigger bottle of vertical epic,non fliptop I think for 99$ it was huuuuge. Maybe it was the same one but I remember it being bigger than that one. I could have swore it went up to my knee. Dont recall any locks on them either. Foil I think.

I got one of those bottles from a guy at work, make a session beer and use that bottle then you SHOULD be able to drink it yourself in an evening.

This style of bottle is called a Jeroboam.

I have a few of the different ones Stone and Rogue have done over the years...

My 2 cents: $65-80 for 3 liters of beer is robbery! Cool bottles yes but not that cool.

I've never seen a bottle with a lock on it before. What a novelty!:drunk:

I would imagine the lock is put on by the store to keep people from stealing them. The lock is likely removed when you buy it.

I don't have pics of it, but I have a 2L bottle, that came with some German (as in auf Deutschland gemacht) Oktoberfest. Cost me $15; I should have bought two.

I would imagine the lock is put on by the store to keep people from stealing them. The lock is likely removed when you buy it.

I don't think anyone is going to bite. :D Made me laugh. I wonder why anyone would want that much Arrogant Bastard that hadn't been refrigerated.

TNGabe said:
I don't think anyone is going to bite. :D Made me laugh. I wonder why anyone would want that much Arrogant Bastard that hadn't been refrigerated.

If you read the posts prior to your post and the one you quoted you would see a picture I posted of 3 of these bottles sitting in front of a chair. Locks are still on as well.

I got 2, 5 and 10 liter flip top "bottles" - they used to contain svagdricka (litterally meaning weak drink) some sort of low alcoholic beaverage that used to be popular back in the day.

Not mine, too damn lazy to take a picture now but here's one with the label intact, which is rare nowdays:
606646_jpg_2031784v.jpg

Cool thing about these "magnum" bottles is stone will fill them up like growlers if you go to the brewery or the company stores in Oceanside, Pasadena, or South Park. Can only be filled with the beer on the bottle, but still pretty cool.

If you read the posts prior to your post and the one you quoted you would see a picture I posted of 3 of these bottles sitting in front of a chair. Locks are still on as well.

I know the bottles have locks on them, I just don't think they're anti-theft devices. :mug:

The locks are to keep anyone from popping the top and messing with the carb level/oxygen in the beer while still in the store. I think they're put on by whoever the brewer is, and not by the store.

TNGabe said:
I know the bottles have locks on them, I just don't think they're anti-theft devices. :mug:

They aren't at all. Cheap chain and a universal tiny lock. Could both be broken off if somebody wanted.

The locks are to keep anyone from popping the top and messing with the carb level/oxygen in the beer while still in the store. I think they're put on by whoever the brewer is, and not by the store.

True That bought mine still has lock

Latest posts

Back