Starchy Taste?: Belgian White Witbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikerolls

Reaction score
This is my first time brewing Belgian Witbier and I have 3 brews under my belt. I am doing Partial Mash.
7 days in primary fermenter
7 days in secondary carboy
2 weeks 3 days(17 days) in bottle - carbonated with corn sugar

I understand This type of beer is suppose to be cloudy and it is. I refrigerated one until cold to see how it tastes and it has a starchy like flavor. The beer seems to be carbonated, so I am led to believe most of the priming sugar has been converted. Will this go away in another week or does Belgian Witbier take longer to ferment? Just concerned, because it would be very disappointing if it didn't. I also want to brew this beer again and make some adjustments. Not much of a Orange taste from the orange peels.

I would let it sit for another week or so to see if it gets cleaned up. If not, we'll need a little more info on the recipe and process.

Future note, try to let your beers sit a little longer in primary. The fermentation should finish up in primary before you move it to secondary (i.e., stable gravity readings over a couple of days). In many cases a secondary is not needed, but it isn't harmful either.

Back