Seasonal Beer - What are You Brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billgina

Reaction score
Just finished up a Pumpkin Saison. It is fermenting vigorously in my fermentation chamber at 62 degrees. I'll write in my recipe to see what you think and tasting notes in a couple of weeks.

So what special beer are you working on for the fall/winter season? :mug:

Fall is coming to a close up here so I'm finishing the last of my pumpkin ales. I just brewed a chocolate milk stout in anticipation of hot cocoa season. I'll stick to 3 gallon BIAB batches on my stove once it gets real cold.

Fall is coming to a close up here so I'm finishing the last of my pumpkin ales. I just brewed a chocolate milk stout in anticipation of hot cocoa season. I'll stick to 3 gallon BIAB batches on my stove once it gets real cold.

Hot cocoa and/or a chocolate milk stout. I go with the chocolate milk stout everyday.
Let me know how your Pumpkin ale comes out.

Have a very nice Pumpkin Ale on tap. I hate Pumpkin Ales that are too heavily spiced (they taste like old lady perfume) so I used minimal spices in the boil and then spiced to taste in the keg with a tincture. Got it just right.

I also dislike Christmas Ales that are too heavily spiced, so I brewed a Christmas Brown back in June and it's been aging and mellowing down in my basement ever since. I'm hoping that the extra six months age lets the spice drop out some. Time will tell.

Brewed an Oatmeal Choco Coffee Stout a while back that's finishing up with bottle conditioning in the next couple weeks. Just put my first brown ale into a keg with some dry hops a couple of days ago, and I did a Pumpkin Ale for the lady friend that should be carbed up in another week or two.

Tis the season.

It's not a holiday beer but, since it is made with fresh harvested ingredients I'm calling it seasonal. A "historic" brew with some russet potatoes I dug up a few days ago. Should kinda fit in the category of American amber since I'm using Molasses in the boil.

Darker stuff - I have an oatmeal stout an a Scottish 70/- on tap right now and a Belgian Dubbel waiting in the wings. I think I'll brew Yooper's Hoppy American Amber next week. Inspiration has not yet struck for what's next, but by then it might be cold enough to do lagers.

Oh, and lots of fresh cider. Lots of it.

I'm going to brew a Cranberry lambic that just might be ready for NEXT thanksgiving. Patience....

I have a batch of Stout that's about ready, and I'm finishing off some Mild and Oktoberfest. There's some dubbel around and a (not yet) old ale I'm sampling from time to time. Maybe once my tripel is done lagering I'll give a shot at a winter bock or a scotch ale--not too dark or hoppy, but just nice and malty. I kinda want to brew now, but the ferm chamber is tied up and I've got plenty in the pipeline. I'm gonna do a split batch Irish Red and Special Bitter for St. Patty's, but I'm not sure what I want in the mean time. Maybe a Saison, or another batch of Arrogant Bastard never hurt anyone.

Tell me about your lambic, I've never made one but always wanted to.

Pretty clean base beer. All the funk comes later. Essentially a cranberry version of this beer I made last year.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f127/sour-peach-370460/

The peach version won a best of show at a local homebrew contest.

The primary fermentations are done now so I'm going to rack both the clean 4 gallons and the Belgian sour fermented gallon onto 10 pounds of cranberries with some Lactobacillus and the dregs from a few sour beers I have hanging around.

Maybe not technically a lambic, but I love the peach version.

I'm about to brew up a Holiday Wheat beer. Belgian yeast, Dunkelwiezen malt, and some orange zest, cinamon, and nutmeg. I hope it turns out well. If you have thoughts or advice, chime in here.

Back