What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3850515856.jpg
Drinking a bottle of Brux. Good stuff but HIGHLY carbonated.

Straight up citrus yum! In order, my beers for the night have been 9.1%, 8.0% and 9.0%. This one is 8.5%. I'm a little on the tipsy side. I'm going to be :tank:by the time I go to bed 'cause I'm not even close to done. I do think I'm going to ease back after one or two more of these into my 5% KRA.

20121212_204654.jpg

I really like jester king. They make some good stuff. I have a hard time tracking down their special releases. I'm in Houston. Need to meet up lol. Definitely hit a few breweries. I'm sure you have a game plan.

I was only getting two of these then I saw what they rang up as (le petit prince) and I was like add two more lol.

My India Dark Ale. Delicious! It's only been in the keg for a little over a week and already the aroma is starting to fade. Still very present (and pleasant) but I'm amazed at how fast it goes. Might have to toss some fresh Simcoe in to give it a boost!

I really like jester king. They make some good stuff. I have a hard time tracking down their special releases. I'm in Houston. Need to meet up lol. Definitely hit a few breweries. I'm sure you have a game plan.

I was only getting two of these then I saw what they rang up as (le petit prince) and I was like add two more lol.

Awesome. I haven't had any of their brews, so I'm stoked. I'll be staying in The Woodlands while I am there, so not too far from you. I don't know what breweries are where and I'm only going to be there a week, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to hit any breweries, but I will certainly try. Being gone from home for so long at a stretch makes it hard to plan anything other than seeing people.

Most breweries are only opened on Saturday. One is open Fri and sat and saint Arnold is open all week. I say try southern star in conroe. It's Saturday from 1-3, its free and if you by the glass they will fill that and you can always bring back if your in town. I can tell you a few places to hit but depending when your coming because they might be close around Christmas. Woodland is a nice area. Definite hit hubble and Hudsons near the mall. They have the best section this side of town and of course hit a spec's. Hopefully you'll have time to hit the original specs downtown. That's the best selection in houston

La parcela no.1 pumpkin ale. I really thought Id never come across this one.

My thoughts: Its super oaky tart/sour,clean malt taste with overwhelming tart/oak sour overpowering taste. Every thing else may be there but overwhelmed. Its a good drinking tart/sour oaky beer otherwise -I kinda like it overall. You barely get anything else because of it,I kinda like it though. Its a nice drinkable tart beer.

Most breweries are only opened on Saturday. One is open Fri and sat and saint Arnold is open all week. I say try southern star in conroe. It's Saturday from 1-3, its free and if you by the glass they will fill that and you can always bring back if your in town. I can tell you a few places to hit but depending when your coming because they might be close around Christmas. Woodland is a nice area. Definite hit hubble and Hudsons near the mall. They have the best section this side of town and of course hit a spec's. Hopefully you'll have time to hit the original specs downtown. That's the best selection in houston

Hmmm....didn't know that about the downtown Spec's. When I am in town I always go to the Rayford-Sawdust one. I'll be getting into town on the 20th so I should have time to hit at least one or two of the places you recommend.

nukebrewer said:
KRA, bitches! This is definitely going on the brewpub menu.

EDIT: Definitely didn't think "*****" would make it through the censoring filter.

Right on *****! It's all cocks and ******** from here on out for you!

You'll be surprised what's not filtered ;) And what is! Firepower used to be a filtered word but Tx changed it.

Drinking my Maple Double Porter...delicious. I was going to be gifting some bottles of it for christmas but now I'm not so sure I'm willing to part with it.

Having a few Dos Equis amber lagers. Not my first choice, but after 9:00, it's about the only thing besides BMC that's available. Man, I can't wait to get home....

bottlebomber said:
Right on *****! It's all cocks and ******** from here on out for you!

You'll be surprised what's not filtered ;) And what is! Firepower used to be a filtered word but Tx changed it.

Woo hoo! Can I say *******************!!!!!

Butte Creek Organic Pilsner: May have said it before,but will say it again, Damn fine pilsner. 4.5% and full of greatness that is lacking in most beers this abv. You may want to check this out if you like pilsners,to me its absolutley impressive. Prolly even throw in, "stunning" here.

Started drinking this, my banana split stout, but immediately realized it was a very bad idea (it's such a terrible beer) and switched back to KRA as my nightcap.

20121212_230959.jpg

I had a Mad Elf Ale from Tröegs Brewing Co, courtesy of ed5388. It's a seasonal with honey and cherries and clocks in at 11% abv. Packs a punch while still being delicious! :mug: :drunk:

Waiting on home brew to carb! SN Celebration, Lagunitas Lil Sum Sum, Lagunitas Brown Shugga, lagunitas Ipa, Pliny the elder, Pliny the elder. Gotta love the west coast.

Haputanlas said:
Lucky bastard.

I don't get lucky that often, but when I do. I score :ban: ;)

odinsgift said:
Is it the soured black metal?

Yes it is i believe. Though it might be a different recipe because it lower in alcohol than black metal. I found it Tuesday. It's quite good. Make sure you let this one warm up a little before drinking. Better when its a little warmer.

Waiting on home brew to carb! SN Celebration, Lagunitas Lil Sum Sum, Lagunitas Brown Shugga, lagunitas Ipa, Pliny the elder, Pliny the elder. Gotta love the west coast.

I'm pretty jealous. I'm out in DE, and I just found Lagunitas for the first time when I was visiting VA. Brown Shugga' might be the best beer I've had all year. So good.

Back