Yankee Ingenuity V, anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for hosting again Jay. Had a good time meeting everyone again. Like d everyone's brews. Jay, your Belgian was good, had one with dinner last night and the other while I was brewing today. Hopefully I'll bring my rig next time so I can brew

:tank:

Did it have an honest-to-goodness 'Belgian" taste, you think? My experience with the "style," such as it is, is somewhat limited.

I'm not well versed in this style either. That was one of the reasons I brought those 2 BBs with me, to see how you guys thought they tasted once the foam died down that is. It seemed to be what I recall a Belgian should taste like. Again, I only have had Ommegang to compare it to.

I tried yours last night - good, once the foaming died down! A little bit thicker than mine (but not out of style); what was the FG? Felt a little bigger overall, maybe a little more alcoholic, but the same basic flavors coming through. Did you use candy sugar? Which yeast?

Back