Belgian tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya , it slowed down now , leaveing it in for 7 days and 3 weeks in second

Give her more time. 2-3 weeks primary and 4-6 weeks secondary minimum. It's not like you'll want to drink it right away anyway. Bottle it and forget about it till the bottles are dusty. Mmmm, I have some that are 13 months old that are fantastic, while the ones that are 4 months old are only "good".

Belgian yeasts are beastly. I have blown the bucket top twice and made big messy's.

Give her more time. 2-3 weeks primary and 4-6 weeks secondary minimum. It's not like you'll want to drink it right away anyway. Bottle it and forget about it till the bottles are dusty. Mmmm, I have some that are 13 months old that are fantastic, while the ones that are 4 months old are only "good".

Belgian yeasts are beastly. I have blown the bucket top twice and made big messy's.

I always Primary my tripels for a month, carbonate to 3 or 4 volumes in champagne bottles for a month and lager the bottles for a third month before I even take my first sip.

i used belgam light rock candy not sugar lol, and let her sit longer in first firm for 2 weeks and thinking a total of 3 in second , bottle and let sit for about 7 ta 8 mounths

OK update. Man this stuff is stronger. Going to let it sit till spring

My 18 month tripel is so great right now, but I only have 6 left. I hoard them with passion. My 12 month old Tripel is really just starting to come around. It's 1-2% stronger, so I am still planning on waiting another few months before I start consuming many of them, I have about 40 of them left.

BTW, the belgian rock candy is cool looking sucrose. Once it dissolves its just table sugar. The candi syrup is a little different, and the amber and darker grades can make seriously good Dubbels and Dark Strongs. You can do a similar, but not quite the same, version of this by making carmelized invert sugar on your stove.

Back