• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Two 30 Gallon plastic conical tanks w/stands and hardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave73ok

Reaction score
I bought these tanks from a farmer late last winter. He never got to using them, and from what I can see they're brand new with only a little weathering on the stands from being in his barn for a year. I bought them with the plan to turn them into a couple of fermenters, but I haven't had a need for them yet, and they're taking up space!
They have 2.5" female threaded bottoms. To go with each one I have a 2.5" to 1.5" brass reducer bushing, brass nipple, and a brass 1.5" ball valve. All of which are brand new. I figure you could easily get 20-25 gallons fermenting in each of these.

I'd like to get $200 for the pair (just looking to get back what I put into them). I would be willing to split them up if someone wanted just one.

I am located in Winona, Minnesota which is about 110 miles south of the Twin Cities, 50 miles SE of Rochester, 30 miles north of LaCrosse, and a couple of hours away from Madison. I have no desire or plan to box these up and ship them, but I'd be willing to meet part way if it isn't too inconvenient.

SAM_2811.JPG

SAM_2813.JPG

I'll take both if you want to ship. I know its a pain, but if no one local bites...I'm in philly

If you were going to a farm supply store or warehouse, or if you were talking to a farmer(is it dairy?) about this 'piece' of equipment(conical); what and where would you look or exactly what would you ask for?? Do they use these to ferment something? And if they do, what? I want these but I live in New Hampshire!!!!!

Dangit! I just drove through Tomah 2 Weeks ago on my way to Spooner, WI to deer hunt. Had these been up then, I would have made a little side trip. If they're still available in June, let me know. Always head up to Spooner for some spring cabin cleaning.

fwiw... you probably wouldn't need to box anything. slap a label right on the tank and ship naked.

just saying.

good luck with the sale!

I thought about that, but I'd have to try and fasten the stands, too. The stands are as heavy as the tanks are, and I'd also be concerned about damage, though I assume when you buy them from a place like AgriSupply, that's how they ship them. I can ask our shipping guys and see I'd be able to just plastic-wrap the whole thing and if UPS would take it. Assembled, they're about 4 feet tall.

If you were going to a farm supply store or warehouse, or if you were talking to a farmer(is it dairy?) about this 'piece' of equipment(conical); what and where would you look or exactly what would you ask for?? Do they use these to ferment something? And if they do, what? I want these but I live in New Hampshire!!!!!

I very quickly found a few places online that sell these tanks. Do a google search for "plastic inductor tank"

http://www.plastic-mart.com/item.aspx?id=5813
http://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=N-60214
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=25197&catid=513

Enjoy!

You don't happen to have measurements, or are they similar to the multitude of 30 gallon plastic conical?

Yeah, they're the same size as the ones featured in the links above. I can get you exact measurements if you'd like, but they're around 4ft. tall by 2ft. around?

Putting this one back at the top. My wife wants them gone! $100 each, or $150 for the pair!

Back