Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent ideas in this thread. Now to figure out how to combine them into the ultimate kegerator.

Also, 285 pages?!?
Is reading this monster a right of passage for the board?

Well, I've done it! Now to climb the next mountain:
Man, I love Apfelwein (790 pages)

Mountain_Smith said:
Now that my Perlick has been pressed into use for a good party, it's time to share it:

Some important note for anyone considering purchase of the Perlick Beer Dispensers:

[*]Overall, the quality is excellent.

[*]Comes with a 5 lb CO2 tank.

[*]The CO2 manifold included does not have check valves (for the price, major bummer.)

[*]This comes set up for Sanky Type D kegs (obviously.)

[*]You will need to run converted Coke pin lock kegs: Ball lock kegs will not fit in, and I've read that a pin lock keg with pin lock disconnects are as tall as ball lock kegs. Converted (to ball lock) pin lock kegs fit perfectly.

[*]The white shelf is removable, and removed will accommodate 2 1/6th Sanky kegs, 2 ball lock converted pin lock kegs. Or, leave it in place and use one quarter barrel.

I haven't measured yet, but I am hoping a 3 gallon corny will fit on the hump in the back. Height wise, it'll be fine. . .but diameter size with the other kegs and the CO2 / regulator I'm not sure yet. If so, I am planning on eventually swapping the tower for a 3 tap setup, and running a double regulator (or a secondary.) I'd like to run water, soda, etc. off this 3rd keg.

Very clean looking, nice!

I just setup my kegerator this weekend for the first time. Now I just have to wait a week or so until my beer is carbonated. I'm looking for some decorative supplies (signs, magnets, etc). Does anyone know anywhere online that sells this stuff?

I just finished my keezer project. A simple 5 cu ft Kenmore for $169, plus a new double faucet tower and drip tray. I've posted pics in sequence of the install which took only 30 minutes (you need to have the right tools, eg. hole drill bit, hack saw for cutting bolts as the last step, etc.). Enjoy!

async

async

async

async

async

async

async

I'm the head of marketing (and an avid home brewer) at Magnets.com. First off I'm beyond jealous at all these awesome kegerators! Just need to sell to the wife.... Secondly we're happy to extend 10% off any order of custom magnets, whether used on your kegerator or for your business/organization. Simply use promo code 'homebrew' at checkout.

Here are a couple pictures of mine. Had a Frigidaire chest freezer about 8 yrs old that we didn't use that much. The Deal with SWMBO was that it had to be dressed-up in order to keep it in the living area... Got all of the ideas from other posters on this site. Thanks for the inspiration and hints/tips! I've got room for 4 ball locks plus a fermenter with the 5# C02 inside. Using a Johnson Controls analog controller, 4 Perlick SS taps. Been very happy so far... Cheers! :tank:

017.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021a.JPG

I have this exact Perlick if your's is the HP24TO. I bought it cause it's rated for outdoor use and I used it on my patio. The 1000btu variable speed compressor kept it at 34 degrees when it was 104 outside, good deal. I only use ball locks in mine, but it's a really tight fit. So tight, you have to use clamp disconnects, since the ones with the mpt fittings are just a tich too high. These things are hella pricey though and the worst part is the tower isn't cooled. I ended up using a tube to vent the fan up through the tower to keep it from giving foamy first pours. Could just be an outdoor use thing though and maybe indoors it doesn't need it.

Some important note for anyone considering purchase of the Perlick Beer Dispensers:

• Overall, the quality is excellent.
  • Comes with a 5 lb CO2 tank.
  • The CO2 manifold included does not have check valves (for the price, major bummer.)
  • This comes set up for Sanky Type D kegs (obviously.)
  • You will need to run converted Coke pin lock kegs: Ball lock kegs will not fit in, and I've read that a pin lock keg with pin lock disconnects are as tall as ball lock kegs. Converted (to ball lock) pin lock kegs fit perfectly.
  • The white shelf is removable, and removed will accommodate 2 1/6th Sanky kegs, 2 ball lock converted pin lock kegs. Or, leave it in place and use one quarter barrel.

I haven't measured yet, but I am hoping a 3 gallon corny will fit on the hump in the back. Height wise, it'll be fine. . .but diameter size with the other kegs and the CO2 / regulator I'm not sure yet. If so, I am planning on eventually swapping the tower for a 3 tap setup, and running a double regulator (or a secondary.) I'd like to run water, soda, etc. off this 3rd keg.

I've now got two beers on tap...you can see the other handle sitting on that little stool to the left (another hockey stick). I was originally wanting to paint it immediately, but where it ended up the white with the lighter brown looks good.

This is my kegerator:
img4648p.jpg

By gnef at 2011-08-05

I just finished building the walk-in cooler in the basement. The entire cooler is 14x7x7, split into two chambers. The cold side currently has over 60 kegs aging, as well as my serving kegs, and the warm side is for fermentation, oak barrels when I get to them, and my wine cellar.

Right now it only has 9 faucets, but I will be gradually purchasing more as funds allow. A single row on the coffin box will be 14, and I made it so that I could do an offset row above for an additional 13 if I wanted to.

Haha. So far for 2011, I've brewed 115 gallons, mostly 10 gallon batches. I don't drink nearly as much as I brew, and I also do annual meads and ciders. I also have some beers aging from 2007. I plan on doing a vertical tasting at the five year mark for the meads and ciders which is coming up soon (oldest cider and mead is from 2006).

I'm in the Atlanta area, so if you want to stop by to see the setup and try some beer, just let me know!

Gnef's setup looks like a homebrew bunker....that's where you wanna be when the world's a-endin'! Everyone meet me there when the sh*t hits the fan.

Haha. So far for 2011, I've brewed 115 gallons, mostly 10 gallon batches. I don't drink nearly as much as I brew, and I also do annual meads and ciders. I also have some beers aging from 2007. I plan on doing a vertical tasting at the five year mark for the meads and ciders which is coming up soon (oldest cider and mead is from 2006).

I'm in the Atlanta area, so if you want to stop by to see the setup and try some beer, just let me know!

Alright man! If the world ends before I can swing by my humble 4 tap kegerator is on wheels, so I'll wheel it into your brew shelter.

I just got this set up. I have my brew closet through the wall with a standard mini fridge and one keg that I am currently troubleshooting. I'm happy with it though..

Very Zen.
Just make sure you keep the Oompa-loompas behind the wall constantly brewing for you!

What is the sound of one hand slapping a lazy Oompa-loompa?
SLAP!

There are a lot of keezers in this thread and this one might be my favorite mid-sized one. I think it is the band of wood adding accent at the bottom.
Well done!

Thanks! I added wheels to the bottom, so I needed something to cover up the frame underneath. I also didn't want to actually be able to see underneath. So I made sure that the bottom panel covered up most of that gap to the floor as well as framing in the bottom 2 or 3 inches of the freezer.

i plan on doing something very similar bolesaus,am i seeing the pic right did you attach the colar to th freezer instead of the top?

outside shot (taps look funny, in this photo they have not been straightened yet)
imgp42691.jpg

Inside Shot fits 3 kegs, then made shelves under and beside to fit bottles and what not
imgp42701.jpg

making a nice stainless drip tray out of a lowes mud pan... monday im welding it up so that it sits flush with the door and hand a place to hold a pitcher or a glass.... Have to love TIG welding...

Back