How much beer do you drink daily?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaddyb

Reaction score
I'm just curios how much everyone else drinks on a daily basis? I usually only knock back a pint a day, couple on Friday and Saturday.

Typically three 12oz bottles a night to myself. On weekends that may go to 4, if people are over it may go to 7 or so hehe

I'm all over the map on this one. Some days none at all, some days 1 or 2, some days 3 or 4. Almost every friday I probably have about 7 or 8. Some saturdays I'll have a few, others I won't. I probably average 15-20 beers a week. Now that I say it like that, I feel naughty.

Depends on the time of year. Right now I have a crapload of beer on hand and am brewing a lot so a couple of pints per night.

Probably more than I should, if my expanding waistline is to be believed.

Remember I am 22, still in college. We are all health nuts and up until my surgeries to repair sports injuries I could drink as much as I wanted and it wouldn't effect my performance noticably.

I am now in the "washed up athlete" phase since my parents told me if I need another surgery before I have my own medical insurance, it is coming out of my own pocket :D I have added a little body fat since my last one in december so we all agreed no drinking on weekdays.

Weekdays, 1-2 a night. Sometimes will have 3 if I'm looking to drain a keg.
Weekends, I'd say between 3-6 a day.

Remember I am 22, still in college...I am now in the "washed up athlete" phase...

Ha! Washed up at 22?

I'm 38 and nowhere near as fast as I used to be, though I am a lot stronger than when I was 22 (50 extra pounds will tend to reduce speed and improve strength). I know a lot more now and have a better mental approach to all the sports I play.

"Old age and treachery will win out over youth and skill."

None lately,We're broke for the moment. Being retired does that. But,when we have money &/or HB around,maybe 2-3 by myself,6-10 if with my wife & it's average gravity stuff. But hey,I am German/Slovak after all,not to mention half of me is a red neck.
So we can put it away. Sometimes,none,sometimes a little,sometimes a lot. It varies quite a bit. Sue me,I like my beer!:tank::cross::D

Usually one a day for me. Beer for breakfast has actually become a lot more common for me for some reason. Started with me opening up a bomber at night, pouring out half and putting the cap back on in the fridge. Of course I don't want super flat beer, so I'd just pull it out and have it with my breakfast the next morning.

Kind of a weird habit, even for me, but a somewhat flat stout goes surprisingly well with eggs and sausage.

Breakfast of champions (stolen from the wire and sustained me through a drunken haze of a beach trip): Crack an egg, drop it in a beer, chug away

I had an uncle that did that everyday before leaving for work. Mug of beer,1-2 eggs cracked in,shot of whiskey depth charge. Chug it & leave.

Well, several for breakfast to start...

IMG_1495.JPG

I actually keep track with a calender template that I print out every month. Elevated liver enzymes scared me a little a few months back. I keep my average for the month to less that 2 per day and never go over 6 in one day. I've also tried to seriously limit my intake of any beer over 6% alcohol.

I'm half Irish, and the half that's not Irish is half German..... After seeing all the standard DUI checkpoint answers to the op's question, I hesitate to say how many a night. But I do have 1-2 beers with my dinner most nights. Few more after that. It really depends on mood, company, what kind of beer, whether or not I have to wake up early, etc.

I try to go a couple nights each week without a beer. Usually Mon/Tues. The weeknights I drink it's usually 1-2 pints. Never more than 3-4, as I work at 7am, and it just makes for a long day.

Weekends.... Completely dependent on what's going on.

Actually, I'm trying to curtail my consumption to Sat & Sun. in the interest of reducing caloric intake. I've been pretty successful so far. That effort plus watching what I eat has made me 35 lbs lighter.

I'm half Irish, and the half that's not Irish is half German......

Sorry......so there is only 3/4 of you? the half that is not irish, is only half German?Half of a half is only 1/4 German.

Or maybe you wish not to disclose the half that is not irish is 1/2 german and 1/2 ALIEN?;)

Sorry! couldn't resist.

I drink 2 GIANT beers a day (24oz each)

I occasionally drink none, or one of SWMBO's Miller Lites (which equals nothing), OR very occasionally, 4-5 of the big steins.

1-3 bottles a night. Never more than 3, but rarely less than 1 :) Being a homebrewer has definitely increased my quantity since I like the beer I make and am damn proud of it! I also try and go without a drink at least 1 night a week, but only because of a warped sense that if I can do that, I must not be an alcoholic. Whatever you need to tell yourself to get by...

I only make session beers, not really into the high ABV beers, so I have a couple liters a day.

Sorry......so there is only 3/4 of you? the half that is not irish, is only half German?Half of a half is only 1/4 German.

Or maybe you wish not to disclose the half that is not irish is 1/2 german and 1/2 ALIEN?;)

Sorry! couldn't resist.

I drink 2 GIANT beers a day (24oz each)

I occasionally drink none, or one of SWMBO's Miller Lites (which equals nothing), OR very occasionally, 4-5 of the big steins.

More like half ninja!

See, I'm over here now! :ban:

wife constantly nags about two things

1. how much money we spend on beer/beer ingredients (i prolly average (1) 30 pack, (1) 5 gallon batch & (1) $10ish six pack per month.

2. how many beers im drinking when its just the two of us at home

because of those two thing i usually try to take 2-3 nights a week and drink nothing, these are usually tuesday, wednesday & sometimes sunday. The other nights ill usually have 1-2, once i hit 3 is when the "how many beers are you going to drink?" question comes into play. Weekends sometimes ill have 4-6 over the course of a day, if i do that on a saturday ill generally take sunday off from drinking. I find that my urge to not have to deal with nagging far outweighs any cravings for alcohol, so im pretty happy with my consumption levels. at this point in my life id say they are in the healthy range, hopefully making up for all the damage i did in my 20's.

the only time it gets unhealthy is if we have people over, go to bbq's, parties, etc. depending on who they are with sometimes ive been known to consume more in the 10-14 range.

I also keep a calender. Average less than 2/day over a month. Usually closer to 1.5 a day on average.

I usually take 2-3 days a week off with none, then I will have 2 if a weeknight, and sometimes more on the weekend days.

You're like my twin ;)

This will determine that... can you do anything without making an excel about it?

I have excel sheets for our budget, my brew pipeline, my commercial beer ratings, our monthly expenses, each of our bikes, our cars maintenance and expense records... etc... and these don't just log things. They auto calculate and other cool nerdy crap.

It's a sickness.

I even use excel to make decision trees when I have business decisions that need to be made. :eek:

The calender is nothing but the tip of the ice burg.

I try not to drink during the week even though I would love to have at least one of my home brews a night. I will drink almost every night of the weekend though. Usually no more than 3.

Probably an average of 7 per week, not every night, sometimes two in a night, sometime just one. Usually never more than two.

It's so variable for me. One major determinant is if I have a beer on tap or not. My pipeline is usually pretty solid but there are those 2-3 week spans where I'm without. I rarely buy commercial these days unless we're out and about at an establishment, so no homebrew often means no drinking for days/weeks on end. When the brew's on tap, I probably average 2 pints a day.

Sounds like I'm about at the norm. I'll average 1 a night during the week, meaning some nights none, some 1, some 2. Weekend I'll have 2-5 depending what I'm doing.

Back