Stainless brewing pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanDe680

Reaction score
I've searched the web and found tons of stainless pots for brewing. I'm working now with 5 gallon batches, moving eventually to 10 sometime in the future.

Where do must of you guys buy your brew pots? I'm thinking 15 gallon/60 quart should be good, but there are way too many choices.

Bought my first pot (4 gallon for partial boil extract brews) in college from the local brew place.

My second pot was a nine gallon Bayou Classic stockpot from Amazon. I added weldless fittings from Bargainfittings.com.

My current kettle is a converted keg from kegglebrewing.com. Welded fittings and top-notch hardware on it.

The only concern I have with using the BIG pot to do five gallon batches is the thermometer is right at five gallon level. So whatever size you go for, think about hardware placement really well, so you can do smaller batches in it.

I was just looking at acemart.com yesterday...

Enter "pot" in the search bar, then filter as desired. I am considering a 20 gallon aluminum pot they have listed for $115

I got a set of 4 nested,polished SS stock pots with lids & steamer racks at Giant Eagle on sale a while back for $25! I took the 5G as my brew kettle,& gave my wife the rest. Now she can brew in the 4G at the same time!

Latest posts

Back