Hilarious Intro to Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelperMunkee

Reaction score
:off:

I saw this product on the internet and laughed. I had to post it for others to enjoy.

Presumably the packets contain some yeast, and they advise "Add a packet of magic to a big bottle of juice." Although "it will turn into an alcoholic delight within 48 hours" sounds a bit ambitious. Probably not going to be a "delight" but it'll get college kids drunk.

Fun gift though.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/e683/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=

I think we actually had the guy selling this on the forum at one point. Hilarity ensued.

Oh man. Can you imagine actually drinking that crap right after 48 hours? Nothing like a belly full of fermenting juice and yeast. You'd prolly explode.

Hey kids! Make your own "Ass in a bottle"! Amuse your friends! Be the life of the party - get yours TODAY!!

I used to WORK in a jail. Hooch there meant fruit and Kool-Aid in a freshly scrubbed toilet with crumbled up bread tossed in. Every once in a while, they would think to use a clean garbage liner or an empty jug in the kitchen, but no one ever thought to sneak in brewer's yeast or bread yeast from the kitchen.

This stuff comes with an airlock! It can't be that bad!

I used to place the Tupperware glass of cider in the basement behind the canned foods. Give a couple of days until the top popped off and it was ready! It popped off once while my dad and I were watching the Pistons game. At first I didn't know what it was, but he looked and me and I looked at him and just said, "I guess my cider's done!" He just laughed. (He liked his cider on the porch for a week or so too!)

This stuff must be pretty good, it's got actual yeast in it!

I've actually tried it while I was waiting for my first batch of Apfelwein to be done.

It really just tastes like carbonated juice and doesnt really get you drunk unless you are a lightweight or spike it with some dextrose.

Apfelwein is tons better :)

I absolutely love the line: "SCIENCE causes the yeast to turn the fructose in the juice to alcohol." Who knew that yeast were such good scientists! It makes "science" seem like some magical alchemy...

Back