Used Home Grown Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uechikid

Reaction score
I harvested 1.7 ozs (dry) of Chinook and 1.2 ozs (dry) of cascade. I made an IPA with them. Chinook for bittering and cascade for aroma. I also added some cascade that I had in the freezer for the last five minutes. When I checked the gravity I also tasted the wort. I was very pleased with that first taste. I think it's going to be a good beer. :):):)

Congrats! I just put half a keg of IPA in my kegerator last night that I dry hopped with my first homegrown hops. It was 1 ounce of cascades. It smells awesome!!!!

I haven't used any of this year's yet becasue I still have over 2 lb. of last year's that I'm trying to use up!

I haven't used any of this year's yet becasue I still have over 2 lb. of last year's that I'm trying to use up!

Must be nice to live in hop country.

I just made a fresh hoped pale ale with my half pound I got from a first year cascade and cluster, I think it's gonna turn out quite nicely. I'm lucky they did anything after the beating they got from the sun everyday down here.

Yeah, it's nice. I harvested over 25 lb. last year that dried down to about 5.5 lb. Looks like about the same this year. That's from a single 8 year old Cascade plant. Your yield from first year plants looks pretty good, though, especially considering where you live. My first year I got 3 hop cones!

Back