Buffalo wild wings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHUSS

Reaction score
I was sitting here watching a football game and a commercial for Buffalo Wild Wings came on. During the commercial they decide to make fun of home brewers. I am gonna boycott bww for now on. Is anyone with me?

Wow... it's been at least ten minutes since this has been brought up...

It's a joke.

I have to say I personally laughed my ass of at the commercial. Also I'm pretty sure the saying goes the only bad publicity is no publicity...

Mongrel said:
FFS, it was funny. Boycott them because they have ****ty food, or some other good reason.

I thought it was hilarious as well. Matched only by going on YouTube and looking at all the butthurt comments on the video (which is about 95% of them). Jesus Christ, get a sense of humor people.

MHUSS said:
I was sitting here watching a football game and a commercial for Buffalo Wild Wings came on. During the commercial they decide to make fun of home brewers. I am gonna boycott bww for now on. Is anyone with me?

You're going to boycott a place because of a commercial they played on the TV?

Just watched the video. Didn't insult me one bit. It was funny and just made fun of bad homebrew. Did not make fun of good homebrew.

evrose said:
Wow... it's been at least ten minutes since this has been brought up...

It's a joke.

Lol, I concur, although I say let people post what they want despite repetitiveness.

bovineblitz said:
You laughed your ass off?

I mean, you might chuckle... but it's really not that funny

Perhaps it's never donned on you that humor is personal hence one person taking offense, one thinking its hilarious, one only chuckling. That's kinda the beauty of it....

Perhaps it's never donned on you that humor is personal hence one person taking offense, one thinking its hilarious, one only chuckling. That's kinda the beauty of it....

Perhaps it's never dawned on you that spelling is kind of important when jabbing someone on the internet.

Also, anyone who thought that commercial was funny enough to actually laugh hard enough that they'd say they laughed their ass off deserves to be ripped on.

Wasn't jabbing, just pointing out that's its pretty silly to tell someone else what is or isn't funny in such a matter of a fact sense. Also donned for dawned isn't near the top of my list for awful autocorrects. Obviously my response was lost on someone who has a limited capacity for humor let alone others sense of humor. I guess to each his own, but I'm sure that's lost on you as well.

Perhaps it's never dawned on you that spelling is kind of important when jabbing someone on the internet.

Also, anyone who thought that commercial was funny enough to actually laugh hard enough that they'd say they laughed their ass off deserves to be ripped on.

u mad on internet?

bovineblitz said:

Hmmm... One time I had a second job working for the grammar police too...

bovineblitz said:

Wow dude who pissed in your corn flakes ? Does it really affect you so much someone laughed hard that you find it necessary to comment rudely and make that person feel bad ? Stop being a f'ing troll and like your momma hopefully taught you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Btw how was my spelling ?

RDWHAHB!

It is amazing how easily people are offended these days!

It was tongue in cheek.

It was pretty funny.

The commercial has also been around for a while already!

Wow dude who pissed in your corn flakes ? Does it really affect you so much someone laughed hard that you find it necessary to comment rudely and make that person feel bad ? Stop being a f'ing troll and like your momma hopefully taught you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Btw how was my spelling ?

Your spelling is fine, but you could use a couple of commas. :drunk:

:tank:

See? Its easy to annoy English major's.

:mug:

Sir Humpsalot said:
Your spelling is fine, but you could use a couple of commas. :drunk:

:mug: :tank:

There you go !!! Lol ( actually I don't know how to properly use them ) sad huh. At least my spelling was good I didn't even use autocorrect on my phone : ) I never was good in English now Greek πολι καλά, λοσσας ελενηκα καλά. I said I speak geek fine.

grammarnatzeerevisedbyd.jpg

Ενταξη !!! (Ok) I had to learn Greek when I married my wife and speak Greek at home more than English. I wanted to know what my in laws where saying about me.

Ενταξη !!! (Ok) I had to learn Greek when I married my wife and speak Greek at home more than English. I wanted to know what my in laws where saying about me.

Wait. Try to keep your stories straight. Stop changing them around. Do you speak Greek? Or Geek? :D

Fun commercial. My wife and I actually laughed as well. If you can't take a joke like that, you're in trouble. The funny thing is, I knew as soon as I saw the commercial, that it would generate a lot of discussion here. Hopefully we can use it as a tool to educate people who have the notion that that is actually what's going on during the process.

A little bit of both I guess lol.

:mug: Cheers!

Fun commercial. My wife and I actually laughed as well. If you can't take a joke like that, you're in trouble. The funny thing is, I knew as soon as I saw the commercial, that it would generate a lot of discussion here. Hopefully we can use it as a tool to educate people who have the notion that that is actually what's going on during the process.

No way. I'm using this as a tool to try and figure out how to make Bratwurst beer!!!!

Which one of you guys has the recipe? Come on!!! Tell meeee!!!!!!!

I thought the commercial was kind of funny, and they're a chain that actually carries craft beers so it isn't really a rip on homebrewers. And I think Sam Calagione (Dogfish Head) said "We take beer seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously".

Just saw it on TV again and laughed again. The part where he sticks his fingers in the foam, smells, and says ready it 2 minutes probably sums up alot of what us beginners do wrong haha.

Why are you so butt-hurt about the fact that someone thinks something is funnier than you do? Also, if you're going to dig at someone's spelling you might want to invest in some punctuation.

One sentence on a forum post doesn't need a period. Nice try though.

I'm not butthurt at all, just very surprised that someone would "laugh their ass off" at it.

Back