help me out a bit! keezer question!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll work fine. The temp controller is super easy, you just plug the freezer into it and it into the wall. The thermostat just runs through the door seal.

Eventually, you'll want to install a collar or tower for taps but that's a cinch too.

Also, check out this:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/gu...mostat-32f-eliminate-external-control-249612/

Depending on your model, it may or may not work. For mine, it worked and I'm able to maintain a temp of ~42 degrees in the keezer quite easily. If it works, you save yourself ~$70 on a temp controller. If it doesn't work, you reassemble and you're only out the ~$70 you already plan to spend on a temp controller.

Give it a shot.

Make sure you let it sit for 24 hrs before plugging it in,I burned up a compressor by plugging it in too soon.

So either way both are easy routs to take? I'm not very electrical savvy. I didn't know if some freezers aren't able to connect to an external temp controller

bwarbiany said:
Also, check out this:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/guide-set-internal-chest-freezer-thermostat-32f-eliminate-external-control-249612/

Depending on your model, it may or may not work. For mine, it worked and I'm able to maintain a temp of ~42 degrees in the keezer quite easily. If it works, you save yourself ~$70 on a temp controller. If it doesn't work, you reassemble and you're only out the ~$70 you already plan to spend on a temp controller.

Give it a shot.

If ur not goin to make lagers in oi t def check thi az out worked great for my freezer quick and simple holds steady 40 def temp at first turnd screw to high it was runnin like 60 but after u find the sweet spot its awsome for a simple keezer savea ya 70 bucks

Back