Help With a Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
Ok...my plan is to build a keezer. It needs to be able to have the following traits:

Large enough for 4 corney kegs and 2 tanks- 5lbs each (CO2 and beergas)

My plan is to build a keezer with a collar, have two taps on CO2 and a Stout tap on beergas for 3 taps total. The 4th keg would be so I could have some ready to tap as soon as one runs out. (of course I'll have other kegs outside of the keezer waiting their turn)

The Keezer would be in my garage and I plan on putting it on casters so I can roll it out next to my patio bar.

My questions is what size freezer would I need to accomplish this. My thought is at least 7 Cubic Foot?? For those who have built one...what are your thoughts/suggestions.

Cheers :mug:

9 f^3 would be big enough for SURE. 7 would be tight. I would think 8.something to 9 would be the right move, no worries about which corny's, etc, etc at that point.

Orlando

Mine is a 7.2cuf with 5 cornies and a 10# tank. Also it's a 10x1 collar.

Kegerators.jpg

Hammy71,

Thanks for the real world report on your 7.2 Keezer. That gives me the confidence to go with a 7.2, what brand is yours by the way. I may just buy the same one you have.

Thanks to everyone else for your input too.

Cheers

I have the Magic Chef 7.2 cu. ft. and you can get 4 kegs and 2 gas tanks in there using a 2x6 collar. You could probably get by with a 2x4 collar.

It's a Frigidare 7.2 Nope, no Hamm's clone.....last name is Hamm and I've been collecting Hamm's beer stuff for as long as I can remember. Sorta my corner of the family room in the basement.

I'm looking at the Frigidaire 7.2 at Best Buy. Would that fit 6 kegs with the CO2 on the outside? How big would the collar have to be?

I'm looking at the Frigidaire 7.2 at Best Buy. Would that fit 6 kegs with the CO2 on the outside? How big would the collar have to be?

It really depends on how tall the compressor hump is, and if you want / need to put anything up on that hump. I have no experience with this model so I cant really say but most people use 6"-10" from what I have seen from builds on here. Hope that helps some. :mug:

I know I AM going to have to put 2 kegs on the hump if I were going to get 6 in there. Anyone who has experience with this freezer know if it will hold 6 and how big the collar has to be to accommodate this?

I think six would be a squeaker for sure. My 10# tank barely has enough room and I think it's a smaller diameter than a cornie.

Back