San Antonio Brew Club?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SporkD2

Reaction score
I don't know how many people would be interested in starting a brew club of some sort but let me know if your from the San Antonio area and we can find a time to meet and discuss!

Have you looked into any of the existing clubs yet? I'm on the mail distro list for Bexar Brewers, but due to the drive, I've only been to a handful of events.

Seems like a pretty good bunch of folks though.

Their next meeting is May 17th... Doesn't seem like an active group

So I guess the website isn't much to brag on, but they do meet and correspond pretty regularly. Subscribe to their list and you'll have plenty of opportunities to hook up. They just had a get together for Teach a Friend to Brew Day, and I think some of them met last night at Freetail. I just wish I were closer so I could join them more often! :(

Hey Spork, did you sign up for BexarBrewers? I'm looking to get into a brewing group here in town as well. I've also heard there are meetings at Home Brew Party every first Friday of the month, but I've never been to one.

I have been looking for a local group in SA as well. I joined the mailing list and but I don't think they meet/take in new members often. I have seen some signs at SA homebrew about another group as well. If anyones wants to help me diagnose some issues I have been having lately with my last 4 batches I would greatly appreciate it!!

I live on lackland afb and cant seem to tap into the local hb community. What gives?

I live on lackland afb and cant seem to tap into the local hb community. What gives?

Have you joined the Bexar Brewers group? I'm pretty sure you can sign up at any time. They're pretty active and I get emails from them all the time. They've got some pretty sharp brewers in the bunch.

Bexar Brewer here. The club is actually pretty active and we have quite a range of brewers. We held a AHA competition in April and had nearly 550 entries. We also assisted for the homebrew event last month during San Antonio Beer Week. Our meetings are the 3rd Friday of the month and is generally held at one of our members houses.

As far as I know there are three generally active clubs (although I assume there are a number of smaller groups that get together). My impression of the clubs are generalizations as there are all types of brewers in each club but here goes...

Bexar Brewers - the oldest and most active homebrew club. Most of the brewers have been brewing for a while and most are all-grain brewers. We don't update our website or Facebook very often so you really have to get on the email list.

Homebrew Party - started by Homebrew Party. They cater to new brewers and their monthly meetings (as I understand) include brewing an extract beer during the meeting at the store.

Cervaceros - Really a beer appreciate club that tries to convert people to appreciate beer and then hopefully assist them later in becoming brewers. They have a pretty active group that put on events pretty regularly.

...I decided not to give my impressions of each as everyone has different views and I like and dislike certain things about each club.

I hope this helps and if you decide to attend the Bexar Brewer's meeting on Friday June 15th I will see you there.

I am thinking about hosting a tasting pretty soon if anyone is interested in the SA area. I would like this to be some commercials that people have been holding on to and homebrew. I have some questions regarding home brew techniques and practices that I would like to ask over some beers. Any locals let me know.

abarhan said:
I am thinking about hosting a tasting pretty soon if anyone is interested in the SA area. I would like this to be some commercials that people have been holding on to and homebrew. I have some questions regarding home brew techniques and practices that I would like to ask over some beers. Any locals let me know.

I am interested.

I am one of the Homebrew Party peeps... For me, the Homebrew crew is perfect for my schedule and my pace, plus I live a few miles away. Their club meetings used to be my Friday night beer drinking fun and socializing, but most recently, I have been tapping into the minds of the brewers in the group. I have been trying different recipes and learning new types of things to make.

I also brew with some friends from work who really don't associate with any of the clubs, I guess... We brew all-grain recipes and I always maintain 3 kegs in my fridge. I also make wine, sake' and other things and occasionally open my cellar doors for all to come and taste.

MrJames said:
I am one of the Homebrew Party peeps... For me, the Homebrew crew is perfect for my schedule and my pace, plus I live a few miles away. Their club meetings used to be my Friday night beer drinking fun and socializing, but most recently, I have been tapping into the minds of the brewers in the group. I have been trying different recipes and learning new types of things to make.

I also brew with some friends from work who really don't associate with any of the clubs, I guess... We brew all-grain recipes and I always maintain 3 kegs in my fridge. I also make wine, sake' and other things and occasionally open my cellar doors for all to come and taste.

That sounds pretty cool.

Bottling some Jalapeno Saké this morning. Racked the other batch of Saké over to the secondary....planning to try a Citrus Infused Saké with that batch.

ForumRunner_20120901_090214.jpg

Pain jn a bottle. Try some of this instead. I picked up a few while up in new york this summer.

image-1169875711.jpg

Back