Russian River

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lantz20 said:
Why doesn't Maryland allow the import of Russian River brewery items? Anyone?

Is it that they don't allow it or is that RR just doesn't distribute to MD? They don't distribute many places east of the Mississippi.

Maybe a huge market, but I think some of us east coasters might be most beneficial for RR. I think it digs deeper than the market. Because many west coast brewers distribute in MD. Hmmmmmmm will we ever know?

I do know that I can go to Philly to find RR but it's about an hour and thirty minutes away from me.

my local whole foods gets 6 (maybe 7, can't remember) cases of Pliny for the whole month. That's the most that RR will let him order. It sells out in about 3 days. I think RR is having trouble keeping up with demand. The buyer at Whole Foods was telling me that RR was concerned because they didn't want beer sitting on the shelves since it's supposed to be drunk fresh, but I call BS on that. If he was that concerned he wouldn't ship it out of state at all.

According to RR on The Sunday Session, they don't ship far because they can't guarantee the condition of the beer. They will only ship their more delicate hoppy beers to areas where they know for a fact the distributor is taking good care of the beer. I believe he said that he only ships kegged beer to PA and Pliny wasn't one of them.

ok, maybe the buyer at whole foods was right then. The more I read it seems to line up with that, but I was surprised that it'd ship to the east coast if I'm having a hard time getting it an hour away from the brewery.

I believe they insist that their beers be cold during the entire delivery process. At least you have a small chance of getting it. Unless someone feels sorry for me or I fly to Cali, I won't be having it EVER :mad: I think they have taken a few steps to up production but it seems that they are constantly struggling to meet current demand. I'm sure they won't be distributing here in Texas anytime soon.

EllisTX said:
I believe they insist that their beers be cold during the entire delivery process. At least you have a small chance of getting it. Unless someone feels sorry for me or I fly to Cali, I won't be having it EVER :mad: I think they have taken a few steps to up production but it seems that they are constantly struggling to meet current demand. I'm sure they won't be distributing here in Texas anytime soon.

I was just reading on their site and you are right, they are having a good time trying to fill the obligations to their accounts and said they are going to concentrate on the accounts already invested a bit more before expanding.... Though the selfish in me wants to cry wuss, I bet these types of business folk will be around for a long time! I'm STILL dying to try an elder! Hopefully one day soon!!

I was in the pub last week and they were telling customers that they were out of Pliny. The Blind Pig did not disappoint. They can't or don't want to keep up with demand.

We get kegs more than bottles here in Philly. We get the barrel aged bottles but not Pliny. Pliny comes in the kegs, both elder and younger. Vinnie comes to our beer week and seems to like our city. I think it has a lot to do with our distributors guaranteeing it will be fresh. Pliny is on tap a lot right now here in the city, and is on at the khyber as I type.

Living here in the NW. Pliny is still difficult to get. It has become a beer fan's must taste.
I also suggest the Firestone Double Jack (Double IPA)

Good times

Back